Worst auto censor you've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always thought the one at work that wouldn't let Valve out, as it could be a mis-spelling for Vulva was bad.

A little later, another workmate couldn't communicate with his bearing supplier, as the filter didn't like the supplier's name.

Came across this one this evening.

su*censored*ect

If I could, I would o*censored*ect to the programmer who treats his work so a*censored*edly.

Yeah, I can see how accidentally ordering a compressor relief vulva could cause severe emotional harm.

I've always thought those were a joke. I'm actually surprised to hear companies still use those godforsaken things.

IMHO the biggest problem is that the employer is treating their employees like schoolchildren who don't know enough to keep their noses clean and need protection from the ravages of this nasty, terrible world. It's rather pathetic, really, and what goes around, comes around. Treat your employees like children and that's how they'll behave.

Technically speaking, filtering on words is always problematic and it's typically easy to circumvent. The better thing to do is subscribe to a service that will categorize web sites by content. Then the employer can easily block unwanted categories of sites without a nanny filter that makes it difficult for people to work.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Always thought the one at work that wouldn't let Valve out, as it could be a mis-spelling for Vulva was bad.

A little later, another workmate couldn't communicate with his bearing supplier, as the filter didn't like the supplier's name.

Came across this one this evening.

su*censored*ect

If I could, I would o*censored*ect to the programmer who treats his work so a*censored*edly.

I cannot reconstruct your censored words. What starts with su and ends with ect?
What starts with o and ends with ect?
The last one, maybe assuredly, but that wouldn't make sense.

Originally Posted By: Aldaris
Originally Posted By: dkcase
I see the first ones

subject

object
oh, duh! thanks

[censored]

Shh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back