Worst Aftermarket Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! What wastes of money.

At the same time, if some of them are learning experiences to understand fabrication, metalwork, etc., that's kind of a good thing...

"2. Wood and Cardboard Body Parts"

lol.gif

Some of those are hysterical. The one I see the most, and find the most obnoxious, are the [censored] cans (always on late 90s and early 2000 Civics). FTR, I'm a big Civic fan and have (and will again) shopped for them when used car shopping. I'd have to walk, and not even glance back, at any I noticed with an aftermarket exhaust on it. Instant deal killer.

-Spyder

Very rarely do I see a car with "mods" that look good-

I am all for the sleeper look anyway. -Which would explain why I love the Mustang Bullitt, but find the normal mustangs rather obnoxious.

Originally Posted By: needsducktape
Very rarely do I see a car with "mods" that look good-

I am all for the sleeper look anyway. -Which would explain why I love the Mustang Bullitt, but find the normal mustangs rather obnoxious.

they cant be that bad

What I thought was hilarious was how the drivers of the Big Wheel cars were pixelated out. For some reason the web site owners decided the cars' creators should remain anonymous?
lol.gif

Re: The original posted link

I'm all for pointing out all of the crazy car gadgets that we've been exposed to over the years, but it seems a bit 'closed-minded' to mock an entire style of modification. IMO, even though it ain't my "cup-o-tea" I'd still give props to someone else's effort when it's obviously been executed with care.

49.gif

What about stick-on fake ram-air? I think Lund makes it? I see them on EVERYTHING, mostly Chevy trucks. Yeah dude, that looks real....

Yep, not only looks ridiculous, but also increases the aerodynamic resistance, worsening performance and FE.

-Spyder

car1295SC.jpg

This just made my day.
lol.gif

I bet the gas tank is the mystery device wrapped in hefty bags.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
What about stick-on fake ram-air? I think Lund makes it? I see them on EVERYTHING, mostly Chevy trucks. Yeah dude, that looks real....

What about ram air hoods on transverse mounted fwd cars? Ram air Honda Civic. It's ramming air in to the back of the engine compartment on to the exhaust pipe.
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: eljefino
car1295SC.jpg

This just made my day.
lol.gif

I bet the gas tank is the mystery device wrapped in hefty bags.

+1

Originally Posted By: Spazdog
rims.jpg

21.gif
If you gotta' ride a girls bike, might as well do some tin foil modifications.

I like his "cool dude" chain tension too.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
"2. Wood and Cardboard Body Parts"

I don't know why that's even on the list. Anyone using stuff like that is surely doing it as a joke. Some are just more creative and 'artistic' than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back