wooohooo, my mate just became the local Mobil Dealer

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mate in the rifle club was chatting today, and the local Mobil Depot is closing down, and he's taken up the agency.

Was asking what he should keep in stock, versus what he should order in (24 hour delivery he's offering, rather than the current dealer's "order it by Thursday, get it Tuesday").

Went through the 3 grades of Mobil 1, Delvac 1, XHP gear oil, the general lines of 5W-30, 10W-40, 20W-50, 20W-60 etc.

Any bright ideas (other than convincing him to become an Amsoil AND Redline dealer ?

quote:

...other than convincing him to become an Amsoil AND Redline dealer ?

Hmmm, that about covers it
wink.gif

Just picked up some MT-90 in Penrith on Friday, so we'll see if this stuff lives up to the hype and helps the notchy synchros in the Patrol.
I tipped some RL 85Plus in the tank a month ago, and have been using a maintenance dose since and the results have been little short of amazing.
grin.gif

Have used it in the Landy, and its done bugger all. It was either OK to start with, or it's just a hopeless piece of pommy crap that nothing can help.
grin.gif

Rick.

[ May 30, 2004, 05:25 AM: Message edited by: tdi-rick ]

If he carries Mobil 1, why you try and convince him to carry Redline or Amsoil. You'll get a best tested product for half the price in some cases. Maybe Redline gear lube, but I can't see using Amsoil in anything when you have Mobil 1.

quote:

Originally posted by dagmando:
If he carries Mobil 1, why would you try and convince him to carry Redline or Amsoil. You'll get the best tested product for half the price in some cases. Maybe Redline gear lube, but I can't see using Amsoil in anything when you have Mobil 1.

He's a mechanic, with a seriously big workshop, exhaust business etc.

The mobil depot has become unviable and has closed, so he has picked up the dealership.

BTW, the only M1 grades available here are 10W-30, 0W-40, and 5W-50, V-Twin, and Delvac 1 (15W-50 is reportedly available, but I've not seen it)

quote:

Originally posted by DavoNF:

quote:

Originally posted by Jay:
Keep a good amount of the 0w-20 on hand. In fact, there's no reason to stock any other viscosity.
tongue.gif

Jay,

you have a good sense of humour.
grin.gif

cheers.gif

Dave

ssshhhhhh, don't encourage them !!!!
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back