Wood/Wolf Spider In My Bed

I went to bed early tonight because my stump was hurting. When I take my pain meds and go to bed it only takes about 20-30 minutes and I'm out.
Well, after being asleep for about 3 hours, I was awaken by the little critter in the pic below. I felt him walking across my face! I slapped him off of me and then gently swatted him with the fly swatter I keep next to bed just for things like this. He was just stunned a little bit. I put my leg on, picked him up, and carried him outside. He eventually scurried away.
When was the last time a spider, or a bug, woke you up in bed? 🕷️

SPIDER.jpeg

I don’t allow those types of visitors in my bed LOL. I would of freaked out till I seen what it was then I probably would of gotten like a piece of paper and put him outside as you did. When I was a kid my mom got bit by a wolf spider or could of been a brown recluse can’t remember when she was sleeping but it made her face break out really bad. Good thing it didn’t bite me as I was in the same room at the time. The only spider I’m killing is a black widow I don’t mess with them I stomp them.

When my then wife and I moved to FL. in 1987 we bought a HUD home (4 br., 2.5 bath on 2/3 acre). It had been vacant for about a year and needed work. We wound up putting $12K into it, which included a tent over it to fumigate. Man, you should have seen the dead Brown Recluse and Black Widow spiders! :eek:
My wife had nightmares for about 2 weeks thinking about them. :D

I grew up in Phoenix... no spider got out alive when it came to my house or any place we were in regularly... not one.

I’ve been told by my parents I was bitten by a spider when I was an infant, requiring hospitalization. In Minnesota mind you, so I’ve no idea what it could have been. Probably why they freak me out.

Not an arachnid, but I have been awakened in the night by my cat dragging a newly caught plaything into my bed: a mouse filled with terror running past my face and a cat leaping after it is not the way to wake up! 😲

I got bit on the lower leg by a Brown Recluse back in 2010. Its bite makes a hole in you. The hole is mostly filled in now after having months of wearing gauze and sterile water around it. Dr Palmer's cream from Dollar General is what the dermatologist recommended. I also lived in Phoenix and we had lots of Black Widows out there. I have found a solution to spiders in the house though. It is called Osage Orange or Hedge Apple. Find a tree that has them and put them in a brown grocery back near your central air intake. No spiders and no smell that people smell.

I got bit on the lower leg by a Brown Recluse back in 2010. Its bite makes a hole in you. The hole is mostly filled in now after having months of wearing gauze and sterile water around it. Dr Palmer's cream from Dollar General is what the dermatologist recommended. I also lived in Phoenix and we had lots of Black Widows out there. I have found a solution to spiders in the house though. It is called Osage Orange or Hedge Apple. Find a tree that has them and put them in a brown grocery back near your central air intake. No spiders and no smell that people smell.
My boss had a BR bite become infected badly … several days in ICU …

I went to bed early tonight because my stump was hurting. When I take my pain meds and go to bed it only takes about 20-30 minutes and I'm out.
Well, after being asleep for about 3 hours, I was awaken by the little critter in the pic below. I felt him walking across my face! I slapped him off of me and then gently swatted him with the fly swatter I keep next to bed just for things like this. He was just stunned a little bit. I put my leg on, picked him up, and carried him outside. He eventually scurried away.
When was the last time a spider, or a bug, woke you up in bed? 🕷️

View attachment 47713

This is why my lilly arse lives in the northeast!!! Far less likely to encounter a creepy critter than in the swamp! :cool: Wayne, you have me :ROFLMAO: with your description. It's like something out of a movie.

When I see a spider tucked away in some dark corner, I tend to leave them alone, because I know they're going to eat whatever other little pest may be scurrying around. But when they start invading my personal space, the Triazicide and the vacuum cleaner comes out.

Last edited:
My dogs/cats would've never let a spider that close to me

RIP, but my wife's rescue ol' Shihtzu would spot a bug in the night and turn it into a play toy. You knew something going on when you started hearing the tap dancing paws/nails on the laminated floors in the middle of the night. She would also bark at the threats that she could not reach on walls/ceiling. The cats would eat them. They were indoor only cats and never had to worry about them bringing dinner or toys home.

Back