Woman's Record Long Fingernails are Broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A Utah woman listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for her long fingernails has lost them in a car crash. Lee Redmond of Salt Lake City sustained serious but non-life-threatening injuries in the accident Tuesday.

Redmond's nails, which hadn't been cut since 1979, were broken in the crash. According to the Guinness Web site, her nails measured a total of more than 28 feet long in 2008, with the longest nail on her right thumb at 2 feet, 11 inches.

Salt Lake County Sheriff's Lt. Don Hutson says Redmond was ejected from an SUV in the crash and taken to the hospital in serious condition.

Redmond has been featured on TV in episodes of "Guinness Book of World Records" and "Ripley's Believe It or Not."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gMcChA2rw_t0bS5Wwat8FcZfhq2gD96ADH180

It was about time.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
I bet she wasn't wearing her seat belt because she was incapable of fastening it herself.

Seriously. How could you really do anything with nails that long? No wonder the car crashed, having 3 foot long fingernails would make driving a real PITA.

Didn't Chinese Emperors start this to show they were so powerful that they did not have to work?
The long nails proved that manual labor was not possible.

I assume this woman was useless to her husband for many functions, as well.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mechtech2

I assume this woman was useless to her husband for many functions, as well.

I dunno
54.gif
I imagine that there could be some immobilizing apparatus that could be employed.

Looks like she made herself useful in the kitchen
21.gif

leeredmond3.jpg

see the video! Don't wait for the book!

Well, maybe she was really trying to stop the bad habit of picking her nose ..scratching ..stuff like that..
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Brett Miller
That woman is insane....and that's the bottom line.

Not insane... crafty! What job can one do with all that junk hanging in the way? She probably sits around all day watching soap operas like Peg Bundy. Can't even do dishes or cook. (I will stand corrected if one provides video!)

Gross. Even grosser is the scene from J^ckass 2.5 with the guy from India w/the longest nails. I've already said too much.

I'm not easily squicked, but this story really gives me the willies!
45.gif

Even in her younger pictures she looks half wacked out with that creepy Stepford smile.

Run away, run away!

Originally Posted By: Pablo
That's about as disgusting as anything I've seen in awhile. Go ahead and call me mori, but that's just unsanitary!

No, she is the mori.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back