woke up with sore heels and stiff knees...

Status
Not open for further replies.
About a week ago,Saturday morning,all of a sudden,I woke up with painful heels and stiff knees.The tendon right under the kneecap kinda hurt,what i find weird is that i have the symptoms on both legs,not just one.I haven't done anything that i know of to provoke this,such as lifting heavy stuff or exercise.I do drive about 5 hours to get to my work location on Sundays.On Thursdays i come back.I never get tired driving.I run a backhoe.I've been running one for the past year and 3/4.What i find weird is all of a sudden it hits and equally on both legs.Anyone ever have this?

Go see an orthopedic Dr., There could be so many things involved. While you wait for an appointment try to keep a journal of what you do during the next week. just write down everything (especially thursday,friday) even the most insignificant activities and diet. Since it is happening on a specific day it would seem you are doing something to provoke pain specifically.

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
Since it is happening on a specific day it would seem you are doing something to provoke pain specifically.
It's been everyday since last Saturday.I took ibuprofen and it really helped to rid pain for a good while.

It sounds like inflammation or arthritis. What you are eating or not eating could be a factor. One thing you can try is cutting out omega-6 oils and increasing omega-3s.

I've found that if wearing the same shoes too many days in a row with long hours on my feet, I'll get mild plantar fasciitis. It goes away if I swap shoes and doesn't happen if I wear more cushioning shoes.

When I drive long trips, depending upon the car and placement of knee versus gas pedal, I get a stiff/sore right knee. So driving may have some part of it.

I don't deny that a doctor visit is in your future, but I'd research stretches and motions for plantar fasciitis and the right exercises to do when sitting long times like in airplane seats.

If you have cruise control, use it and move your legs when you can.

Your sitting to much....If your job requires you to sit...get up and walk around when you can.

Red rice yeast contains monacolin K and other monacolins which are toxic to a small number of people. Muscle and kidney damage will result if you are one of the sensitive ones. Also some red rice yeasts contain the toxic substance citrinin. Stop the yeast immediatly. There is a good chance you will start to feel better in a couple of days.

Originally Posted By: mechanicx
It sounds like inflammation or arthritis. What you are eating or not eating could be a factor. One thing you can try is cutting out omega-6 oils and increasing omega-3s.
I don't take either omegas

These fats exist in foods. Omega-6s are more common and considered pro-immflamatory when less common and considered anti-inflammatory omega-3 are not consumed in sufficient quanties.

I used to get pain in the legs if I either hadn't taken enough water in, or was low on potassium.

There's also RLS; restless leg syndrome. It think it can come and go.

I fogot to mention that I have 3red spots right above my knees.2 on one leg,one on the other.they feel like ingrown pimples.the red area is thicker there than surrounding area.might this be caused by a bite of some insect?

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Your sitting to much....If your job requires you to sit...get up and walk around when you can.

The load on your spine is about 3 to 4 times greater when sitting rather than standing. (Doctors advice).

Originally Posted By: daves66nova
I did start taking red yeast rice for cholesterol about that time,no meds.

Quit the red yeast rice.

In about 2-3 weeks, start taking a Garlique tablet daily for your Cholesterol concerns.

Lastly, buy some Dr. Scholls half-soles (heel to arch). They are gel and stopped my sore heels and shin splints in a matter of days. Place them under your current insoles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back