WM TLE $29.88 Castrol GTX 0W-20 SynBlend Oil Change

GTX Ultraclean 0W-20 PDS

Seems like a great way for WM to offer a lower priced oil change service for Honda/Toyota/Nissan vehicles that require 0W-20 for fuel economy reasons. Arguably, most engines calling for 0W-20 do not need synthetic oil and the recommended is fuel-economy driven.

WM also had a Castrol Edge synthetic oil change special for $45.

Attachments

• 66348F81-EA4C-4CC5-A451-8068B9AE7A99.jpeg
    66348F81-EA4C-4CC5-A451-8068B9AE7A99.jpeg
    139.5 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
When we first started seeing 0w20 there were a lot of synthetic blends at the time. Honda genuine 0w20 was a synthetic blend. Toyota has always, as far as I know, specified full synthetic for 0w20 cars.

When we first started seeing 0w20 there were a lot of synthetic blends at the time. Honda genuine 0w20 was a synthetic blend. Toyota has always, as far as I know, specified full synthetic for 0w20 cars.
The Genuine Toyota oil is full synthetic, but the owner’s manual does not specify full synthetic. The owners manual only says to use an API certified 0W-20 oil.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut?

By default, and please - discuss and educate me - us all....

Are not most, if not *all* 0W-XX oils blended from pure synthetic stocks? Isn't it harder to "bulk up" an organic than to just simply start with at least a mega-treated hydro-processed petroleum or some sorta ester based stock?

Are not a fair majority of 0W-whateveryouwanitobe are synthetic simply by tribological needs?

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut?

By default, and please - discuss and educate me - us all....

Are not most, if not *all* 0W-XX oils blended from pure synthetic stocks? Isn't it harder to "bulk up" an organic than to just simply start with at least a mega-treated hydro-processed petroleum or some sorta ester based stock?

Are not a fair majority of 0W-whateveryouwanitobe are synthetic simply by tribological needs?
Some synthetic (III, GTL or IV/V) is definitely required to blend a 0W-20, but it does not need to be a full synthetic product. Honda and several other brands have marketed synthetic blend 0W-20 oils for many years.

Back