WM returns...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you return an item to WM without a receipt-in unopened condition? I'm thinking of returning a quart of oil purchased at full price and buying a 5 quart jug.

They usually let you return it for store credit, but they take down your ID (drivers license) number in order to track how many times you do it... they'll only let you do it a couple of times.

there is a limit 2 or 3 times a yr.
so cumulate ur returns. where I live the staff at return counter are extra rude and that's when I am returning with a receipt.

you can return purchases within 30 days by law in most states... They do have the right to keep a record and track your returns and if you do it on a credit card they have the ability of tracking every purchase and return there are companies that do this full time and it is in pretty much full swing now... bring it back!

Let me get this straight. They allow 2-3 returns per year W/O a receipt? Then they send you packing?

AD

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
I took a 3 year old car battery to WM and exchanged it for a new one...no receipt, no ID, no anything.

how do you sleep at night
shocked2.gif
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
you can return purchases within 30 days by law in most states...

But if he has no receipt, how can they verify if it's been within 30 days?

Originally Posted By: crinkles
I took a 3 year old car battery to WM and exchanged it for a new one...no receipt, no ID, no anything.

shocked2.gif
LOL.gif

There was a sticker with some warranty stuff on it and it was their brand. They took it no questions asked, so that's enough for me!

Originally Posted By: crinkles

shocked2.gif
LOL.gif

There was a sticker with some warranty stuff on it and it was their brand. They took it no questions asked, so that's enough for me!

well that makes sense IF the warranty was for 3 years

I did this too but the battery was 3.5 yr old so they prorated it. Did let me get a cheaper replacement so I was only out $1!

Found the battery at the town dump BTW.

This question comes up when people get some really cheap oddball oil somewhere else, like M1 15w50, then "trade it in" at WM. Ethical debates ensue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back