WM Canada everyday price PZYB 4.73L Jug $10.88

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same price for Valvoline 5L jug.

This is the lowest everyday price I've seen anywhere in Canada in a long time. Especially when I'm hearing that motor oil prices are on the rise. What is the price for the same thing in US Walmarts?

Here in Kansas, a 5qt jug (roughly 4.75L) or either YB or generic valvoline goes for $13-$15 at wal-mart, more at an auto parts store.

I'd say buy a couple.

Tommorrow I'll be visting Pep Boys and paying $7.50/litre (with a 10% off coupon) for 8 litres (one oil change) of Mobil 1 European Formula.Somehow the dream of $2.25/litre oil is long gone for me!

Last edited:
Nah there's also 5W-20 for the same price. It of course depends on the location but if they stock 5w-20 then you'll get the same price. I have 2 un-opened jugs of 5w-30 (started with 3) and have 2 of 5w-20.

I got them when they were on sale a few months back for $9.99, but ever since then it's been steady at 10.88, which is good news to me
=)

I just checked their website and indeed they have all grades on sale, gotta stock up
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
I just checked their website and indeed they have all grades on sale, gotta stock up
thumbsup2.gif

Where did you see this?
I would love to get some 5w20, but I cannot confirm any oil sale anywhere that Ive found.

Originally Posted By: SLCraig
Originally Posted By: KrisZ
thumbsup2.gif

Where did you see this?
I would love to get some 5w20, but I cannot confirm any oil sale anywhere that Ive found.

Go to Walmart Canada website, choose a store near you (otherwise you won't see the prices) and then go to the automotive section. All oils are listed there with their price. PYB is listed for $11.00/5L in all grades in WM near me.

Thats been going on for the last few months already, in newmarket they dont even take the stickers off the shelves anymore even if that price is not in the flyer, same price for Castrol GTX btw

for some reason they have PP at $38 regular price and PU for $36 regular, i stocked up on PU for $27 on sale a while back too much iol choices, so they cover every price bracket, $11, $20, $25 $30, $36, $42, $47, its basically a five dollar increments

This still makes not sense to me. 4.73L for $10.88 or 5L for $20.98 I think it was last time I was there. Same as back when they all seemed to have the 4.4L PP jugs at $20 or 5L at $32 or something like that. I would love to know why the big price break.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great and if I decide to give up on the Petro-Canada and go back to conventional, that's what I'll be getting.

Got 2 jugs of PYB 5w20 today for $11. Sweet.
They also had SynPower on for $29.
I've been dying to try that stuff but I couldn't justify it over the awesome price of PYB SN formula.

Bought 6 jugs of 5w-20.
- 40,000 kms worth for my wife's Ody
- 10,000 kms worth for my dad's Ody
- 10,000 kms worth for my co-worker's Civic.

Originally Posted By: Jim 5
Same price for Valvoline 5L jug.

This is the lowest everyday price I've seen anywhere in Canada in a long time. Especially when I'm hearing that motor oil prices are on the rise. What is the price for the same thing in US Walmarts?

At various points last summer, they were selling here GTX, Valvoline, PYB, and QS GB at that price; the particular $10.88 of the week just varying among those oils. And then they sold PP along side them at $19.88 off and on until Ultra showed up.

Slightly better was the (one time) they had 5L jugs of QS GB on, very briefly, a $9.88 rollback. It was SM, but there was as of yet then still no SN on shelves here, so that was cool too.

-Spyder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back