WIX XP 99% Efficiency at 21 Microns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Rolla07
I read 95% at 20 microns...so who knows?? Would that be 99% at 21 microns? Lol

That's for the regular WIX filters, not the XP full synthetic.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
That's what this youtube guy says. Where he got that information, I don't know.

Fast Forward to 1:08

He doesn't actually say "99% at 20 microns". He says "99% efficient rating ... captures up to 21 microns".

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
He doesn't actually say "99% at 20 microns". He says "99% efficient rating ... captures up to 21 microns".

Well - do you agree with him or not ? That's what I'm trying to get at.
grin.gif

grin.gif

I listen to the WIX Tech Dept who told me on the phone that it's efficiency is 50% @ 20 microns. I think WIX knows more about their filters than some YouTube filter reviewer.
smile.gif

I listen to the WIX Tech Dept who told me on the phone that it's efficiency is 50% @ 20 microns. I think WIX knows more about their filters than some YouTube filter reviewer.
smile.gif

Well - it was worth a shot.
grin.gif

grin.gif

smile.gif

Plus "99% efficient rating ... captures up to 21 microns" doesn't appear to mean anything, so it'd be hard to agree with.

smile.gif

Well - it was worth a shot.
grin.gif

Do you have a spreadsheet of all the BITOG members you've played over the years?

That's what this youtube guy says. Where he got that information, I don't know.

Fast Forward to 1:08

How much does it really matter?
Your engine will never notice.

What I need to work on is getting Wix to visit the board. I never could believe the 50% efficiency and 20 microns rating. That is literally half the efficiency of the Fram Ultra. They need to come here and explain themselves. They have a public relations disaster on their hands and they don't even know it.

Originally Posted By: Donald
The are SAE tests that can be run. Single and multi-pass. Those are the results I would believe, preferably from an independent lab.

ISO 4548-12 is the industry's standard now for oil filter efficiency testing. The SAE tests are old, and don't think anyone uses them anymore today, unless the are "behind the times" by many years.

What I need to work on is getting Wix to visit the board. I never could believe the 50% efficiency and 20 microns rating. That is literally half the efficiency of the Fram Ultra. They need to come here and explain themselves. They have a public relations disaster on their hands and they don't even know it.

Look up WIX's Tech line phone number and give them a call. How they gonna prevent a "public relations disaster" ... lie about the efficiency? It is what it is, per WIX themselves.

What I need to work on is getting Wix to visit the board. I never could believe the 50% efficiency and 20 microns rating. That is literally half the efficiency of the Fram Ultra. They need to come here and explain themselves. They have a public relations disaster on their hands and they don't even know it care.
FIFY-remember, they're owned by Mann & Hummel/Purolator now!

Last edited:

smile.gif

That's really pathtic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back