WIX XP 99% Efficiency at 21 Microns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CR94
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
... Super high mileage engines are probably already worn out.
Humbug! My Mazda (below) went past 606k with no apparent evidence of wearing out any oily bits ('tho it had a few other problems by then). It used basic filters, mostly Purolators (and Kmarts, which were repainted Purolators) and a few Frams, usually replaced every third oil change.

Similarly, by brother's Jetta engine didn't wear out in over 300k, and neither has his Avalon's in over 330k.

I was kind of joking there (hence the use of this guy
laugh.gif
).
grin.gif

If you used mainly Purolator Classic and PureOne filters then that car was getting pretty high efficiency oil filters put on it.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: CR94
... My Mazda (below) went past 606k with no apparent evidence of wearing out any oily bits ... It used basic filters, mostly Purolators (and Kmarts, which were repainted Purolators) and a few Frams ...

... If you used mainly Purolator Classic and PureOne filters then that car was getting pretty high efficiency oil filters put on it.
OK, good! They were the regular white Purolators, later renamed Classic (although perhaps better than the modern Classics, considering I never found any torn media in them?). I don't remember whether fancier Purolators even existed in the '80s. Back then, it was possible to buy larger filters than in the later years of that car, as filter manufacturers forced me into buying smaller and smaller sizes by dropping their old sizes.

Last edited:
What was mentioned was the orange can … then you copied only what you wanted out of my quote … mentioned Tough Guard …Which takes out of context that I’m not going to run an orange can 10k … actually not at all since you cut out I was also using Fram Ultra …

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back