Wix Is Hard To Find At A Good Price Here In NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it that Wix Oil Filters are not in Wal Mart or other reasonably priced stores here in nj? Most People don't use Wix around here because they have to go to a rip off auto parts store and get one handed to them from behind a counter with dust on it at top dollar. I wanted to put up a sign at the shop that says we recommend Wix Filters on most of our rebuilt engines but i can't because Wix makes it hard to find their filters. We get our Wix Made filters from my filter guy but the average consumer can't do that.

If anyone at Wix is watching and wants to sell lots of filters get them into a wal mart or another store that puts them on the shelf so a customer can see them and buy them at a reasonable price.

Yes but the Napas are expensive compared to wal mart or even auto zone and most of their filters sit around because of the price being high

Ask for the silver/ proselect/ whatever. Or get a dozen from rockauto for $1.35 each, more or less.

If you're Joe Schmoe and walk into a NAPA for a filter the counter guy will yawn and get $6 for a gold unless you specifically annoy him otherwise.

Look up a Jobber in your Yellow Pages.

I have a Jobber in Dorion I get them if I buy 6 for 5.50$ each IIRC.

The local NAPA I think they are close to 10$ each.

It is the only filter I use, and I change the Filter with every oil change twice a year so 6 is a good amount of filters but not too many.

Can't get the oil filter you want in New Jersey?
Time to move out of the state!
A dedicated BITOG'er would do nothing less.

Yo crazyoildude, Go up Rt. 208 to Oakland. County Auto Parts (near the RR tracks) has the full WIX line. A bit far for me (fr. Wood-Ridge) but I'm often in No.Haledon. Kira

Do you have O'Reilly Auto Parts near you in NJ?
I found the Wix 57055 for my Forester there and it was $2 cheaper than the same filter branded for NAPA (Gold 7055).

We don't have O'Reilly here in NJ and I'd never heard of Wix until BITOG. I buy all my oil filters off Amazon.

crazyoildude, do you not have a commercial account for your shop?? Most auto parts chains would be happy to open a commercial account for your business and give you 15-20% off.

Open an account at AAP and ask for carquest blue premium filters. There is your wix at a great price. They are $3.99 under commercial account here.

Last edited:
You could wait on AAP's $50 off $100+ promo codes and buy a bunch of Fram Ultras.

I have a few rewards that'll bring an Ultra to around $5 out the door.

Originally Posted By: donnyj08
crazyoildude, do you not have a commercial account for your shop?? Most auto parts chains would be happy to open a commercial account for your business and give you 15-20% off.

The dude does buy Wix for his shop, as stated in his post. He wants his customers to be able to access them easily.

'dude, just have them order from RockAuto...give them an extra with that engine to let them see how good they are.

fleetfilter.com and filter1.com are a couple more stores

If shopping at Rockauto, always look around for 'discount codes'

Just dont buy their discounted "WIX" filters at the moment unless you dont mind getting a Champ made Carquest.

I just bought 3 cartridge type Wix filters for my Town and Country (Wix 57526), from RockAuto, for $15.20 delivered.

Would it be possible for your shop to start selling Wix filters to your customers as a matter of course? Obviously, I don't know what kind of point of sale setup you have or if you can store retail stock readily, but it might be worth a look if you're that concerned.

Ive gotten them at Napa before with no problem. If you use the AAA or the Napa bucket 20% off deal, the prices can be pretty decent.

Ive generally run Mann or Fram Ultra at this point, so Im not using WIx, but Ihave in the past...

Originally Posted By: donnyj08
Open an account at AAP and ask for carquest blue premium filters. There is your wix at a great price. They are $3.99 under commercial account here.

CQ filters have been made by Fram since the AAP takeover a couple years ago.

The Rock Auto closeout CQ's are usually Wix, but some them are the newer Frams.

It is for my customers we get our wix filters delivered from our distributor.. Sometimes people ask what filter and oil they should use and i would Like to say Wix but i can't because they are hard to find for the average person. Fram or purolater would be easy but Wix makes a superior filter to both of those with the exception of the ultra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back