Wix and ACDelco look identical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought an ACDelco PF52 and the equivelant Wix 51036. Comparing them side by side they appear to be identical. Exact same length, same canister style.Both have a red ADBV and have the number "18" stamped on the baseplate.Both have 6 identical size holes in the baseplate. On top of the AC is the number 01130602.On the Wix is 04180602.On the side of the gasket both have identical green and yellow paint stripes. Could Wix be making ACDelco's now?

Hard to say. But rest assured that both filters are very high quality.
smile.gif

I'm not questioning their quality. I've used AC's for many years but this was the first Wix I ever purchased. ACDelco's have been manufactured by Champ and Delphi. I was struck by the semilarity of the 2 and wondered if Wix has started supplying some of the ACDelco line.

quote:

Originally posted by farrarfan1:
I'm not questioning their quality. I've used AC's for many years but this was the first Wix I ever purchased. ACDelco's have been manufactured by Champ and Delphi. I was struck by the semilarity of the 2 and wondered if Wix has started supplying some of the ACDelco line.

Or a third party is making both the Wix and AC filters.
Thanks.

Yes I will post some pictures this evening. I was hoping to get your observation of these filters.No it doesn't say made in Mexico. I got some of those one time at Advance. These were bought at O'Reilly's.

T-keith here are some photos. Not the best quality but it shows the resemblance. Probably not a big deal but I was intrigued at how similar they are.
 -

Here are the yellow and green stripes on the gasket.
 -

-

Here are the "18"'s stamped on the baseplate.
 -

Here are the numbers on the canister.
 -

I agree.
Having recently bought a made in USA pf52 and the same Wix filter, this AC filter is different. Mine was longer than the Wix, and of course didn't have the same ADBV.

Getting a high-line Wix for the price of an already good AC? SOMEONE PLEASE cut open one of these!!

I visited my O'reilly's today. Same thing.
I held the Wix and the AC side by side. Exactly the same from what I could see.

Also, they had a mail-in $.75 per filter rebate on the AC's.

That's $2.24 for a Wix! I bought three.
The normal 51036 is usually $5.49 there!

I think I'm entitled to half of that rebate for stumbling onto this.I'll PM you my adress.
cheers.gif

Your welcome.Wow I've been a member 2 years and finally contributed something useful.See ya in '08!

Interesting this is a relatively high volume number. I think many of the companies outsource odd balls. Bought the same Purflux filter in an AC, Hastings, and Fram box.

The Dana/Wix NAPA and AC Delco filters I've gotten have all been made in Canada, except for the last batch of NAPAs I picked up for my Pathfinder, which are labelled as Affinia filters out of Gastonia, NC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back