Wix 57674 Cartridge Pictures

I changed my oil a few days ago.
So 13000 kilometers, (8100 miles) since last oil change in July 2019.
Chevrolet Sonic 2016 hatchback. 1.4l turbo, 63k kilometers (39146 miles) , mostly city driving here in Toronto, Canada, where it gets cold in winter and hot in summer.
My last oil change was 50k kilometers (31k miles), done at Costco.
At Costco it was Castrol Edge full synthetic.
I supplied the filter at Costco, Wix 57674 cartridge, Costco doesn't carry a filter for my car.

This oil change, I did it myself, first time.
First, I put on my Big Boy Pants.
I used an OEMTools Manual Fluid Extractor.
I used Valvoline Synthetic 5w 30, on sale at Walmart.
I bought the Valvoline because it seems as good as the other synthetic oils.
I used a Wix filter, 57674 cartridge. Made in Poland.
I disposed the old oil at a nearby garage that I use, they take old oil for free.

The pictures:
1 - 4: new Wix filter.
5 - 7: old Wix filter, rotated picture to picture to see the whole thing.
8 - 11: old filter, cut up.

Attachments

• Wix.Oil.Filter (1).jpg
    Wix.Oil.Filter (1).jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 85
  • Wix.Oil.Filter (2).jpg
    Wix.Oil.Filter (2).jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 96
  • Wix.Oil.Filter (3).jpg
    Wix.Oil.Filter (3).jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 88
  • Wix.Oil.Filter (4).jpg
    Wix.Oil.Filter (4).jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 88
  • Wix.Oil.Filter (5).jpg
    Wix.Oil.Filter (5).jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 85
  • Wix.Oil.Filter (6).jpg
    Wix.Oil.Filter (6).jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 85
  • Wix.Oil.Filter (8).jpg
    Wix.Oil.Filter (8).jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 83
  • Wix.Oil.Filter (9).jpg
    Wix.Oil.Filter (9).jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 86
  • Wix.Oil.Filter (10).jpg
    Wix.Oil.Filter (10).jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 87
  • Wix.Oil.Filter (11).jpg
    Wix.Oil.Filter (11).jpg
    171 KB · Views: 86
It does look like you got what you paid for, Because it does look like full syn media. Have you taken a look at any other brands/filters and see how they stack up to your choice?

I have previously used Fram Tough Guard TG10246 Cartridges.
I posted pictures of my Fram Tough Guard TG10246 in a previous post. That filter looked quite similar to this Wix filter.

I have previously used Fram Tough Guard TG10246 Cartridges.
I posted pictures of my Fram Tough Guard TG10246 in a previous post. That filter looked quite similar to this Wix filter.
I have seen those pictures now after your reference to previous post. Interesting. Knowing your location, and the type of driving that you do, is there a reason you push your oci so long? Being that it is a tgdi (turbo gasoline direct injection) engine, fuel dilution and soot buildup are concerns.

I bought four of the Wix filters from Amazon, last year in July 2019, $10.13 each.
Now Amazon wants $17.24 !
Right now, I would buy the Fram Tough Guard TG10246 from Canadian Tire, regular price $17.50, but often on sale at 20% off.

I have seen those pictures now after your reference to previous post. Interesting. Knowing your location, and the type of driving that you do, is there a reason you push your oci so long? Being that it is a tgdi (turbo gasoline direct injection) engine, fuel dilution and soot buildup are concerns.

I meant to change the oil at around 7500 miles, as recommended by the GM owners manual, but I was busy, and 8000 mile seems to be ok. And I'm using full synthetic. But I don't know that much about it, so maybe I'm wrong.

Thank you for the cut and post :)

Too bad Wix doesn't make an XP for this filter.

At least Fram makes an Ultra XG10246

Thank you for the cut and post :)

Too bad Wix doesn't make an XP for this filter.

At least Fram makes an Ultra XG10246
That's a good idea on the XG10246 FRAM Ultra Synthetic Oil Filter. I might try one the next time I buy a filter. The Ultra XG10246 is now available locally, at Partsource in Toronto, part of the Canadian Tire chain. But I still have a few Wix filters to use up.

Back