Wix 51334 Cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was used on my 86 Kawasaki for about 2000 miles. Typically sees 9 miles rides to and from work in 40-90 degree temps.
I used the harbor freight exhaust cutter here as well, it didn't work quite as nicely as on the amsoil filters. Those had a small indent near the base plate that kept the wheels in line.
IMAG0236.jpg

IMAG0237.jpg

Wix made filters always seem to look great. Not really sure why Wix isn't the king of the BITOG filter board with all the back and forth about Fram and Puro. Then again the Ultra is mighty hard to beat and Wix hasn't done it.

For a non-synthetic filter though anything Wix made is hard to beat and just seems to be quality made regardless of the price point.

Thanks for cutting and posting!

THE effective FILTER area IS "TOO SMALL" FOR THE CAN VOLUME in small FORM FACTor applications - IN WIX THAT UTILIZE BASE END ADBV. opps capslock!

I liked the acdelco pf2057 best in Toyota small engine applications (sub 2 litre) - car ran best and provided best fuel mileage with a Champ non-ecore. The Honda/Nissan/Hyundai universal application (p/n:57356) is about as small as I would go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back