wire space gain benefit tested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was wondering if any other had tested this concept .most vehicule have a pass tru ground . From frame to head engine , tru the engine on the opposite side and to the battery it goes. So if wire are too close to engine metal everything is subtlely affected . By feel of things .i would say about 10%. On a radio 10 % difference between proper and improper is huge , on a flasher? A proper one pace is say 3.5 second , on improper its 3second(random value not actual ) I noticed change on engine , radio and flasher .slight rumblier engine exhaust tone (probably because the burn is more precise. Anyway , any have airgapped their electrical wire in some form or the other . I didn't bother too much with small wire(it's a drag .but I suspect everything in electrical need to be air gapped from any iron

On all the vehicles I own, I run extra ground circuits. Always from the battery Neg (-) post to the chassis and to the firewall behind the engine. I usually use #8 AWG. But have been known to use #4 lite welding cable. I always crimp the proper size lugs on for the bolt I'm using and then I solder the lug onto the wire.

It always, always turns out that the dash instruments, the lights and the ECU are happier and the whole vehicle runs and acts better.

Factory wiring is for quick assembly. As few actual connections to be made up as possible. Adding grounds would cost them assembly time. But all electrical systems work better with more ground points
smile.gif

Beats me , I haven't added anything of worth aside from more space between (wire (the one that were just tiwrapped , engine .i think the math is wrong about wire close to each other or they forgot to include a few parameter like the engine carry the ground to the earth negative(body)they say they cancel out each other .they re wrong .but it might be because not all data were accounted for. The issue is .all vehicule .be it 18 wheeler or car bunch everything electrical togheter and close to whatever solidity they can find

adding grounds to solidly bond all parts is something i do for rf performance.
solves noise issues and interference.
as to spacing the wires away from things that doesnt matter as the parts should all be at the same potential and its dc.
my grounding is to reduce noise in my hf radios and to keep its transmitter from getting into the vehicles electronics.

I don't care about rf , ty for I put tho. I know science ath says they cancel out each other. Sadly mathematician forgot to put all number in .because I have added space between wire an (add name here) that are conductive .and I can garanty you there is something different between one vehicle with spaced electrical wire and one without..was hoping someone else had tested. We ll see , it a take a bit of time for these things to be tested.affected vehicle? Big 18 wheeler , car pickup, pretty much everything on ground .(it's likely the same for flying things and boats. How this idea all started? When I went to an outfit that had their electrical wire all in metal tube . Their reason was static .
I don't know if a ho.e is effected like vehicle are , but vehicule? Yes there is a big difference .

there is no difference you will be able to see without lab instruments.
if this were a real problem a wiring harness would not be bundled up like they are.
only place it matters at all is ignition wiring and some injectors.
communication leads are twisted pair to prevent issues.
all you do when you re space wires is give yourself a placebo.

Originally Posted By: kc8adu
there is no difference you will be able to see without lab instruments.
if this were a real problem a wiring harness would not be bundled up like they are.
only place it matters at all is ignition wiring and some injectors.
communication leads are twisted pair to prevent issues.
all you do when you re space wires is give yourself a placebo.

Explain o me how you came to this conclusion?
I ll tell you a part of the whole I was thinking!
Being in the transport I know that everything is bundled up to save space. Could it be that the assembler is underpaid and didn't bother reading the electrical plan? Or that he or she taught the box that fix electromagnetic issue also fix the electrical field(it doesn't by the way) why it doesn't ? Because of various thing sending and receiving electricity .electricity is very lazy .copper wire is way simpler for electricity then via iron . So add aluminium head ? And voila electricity goes everywhere but where you want it to go .yes I know science tested in lab two wire and they anihilate .send them vehicule and ask them to test same thing with the whole vehicule around you ll see I am right. It isn't a contest of who is right or wrong .its a matter of being precise .if this Ffect car. It likely affect particular accelerator . Ligo etc.
He'll Volkswagen and fiat would likely be able to pass emission (If my suspicion is a real thing science mathematic for some reason didn't detect it. How I know the change . Sound. You ll need someone used to engine sound you want to test cause it's subtle . If it wasn't computer would pickup the issue . How subtle?within the range adnustement (auto)allowed for preignition compensation system that back off timing etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back