Wiping harddrive

lol.gif
, well there you go, glad you have it working.

Yea, start with the easy stuff, dev manager, BIOS, seems to always work for me.

Originally Posted by supton
Download some cloning software, clone my 232GB drive over (took 3 hours?), swap drives.

A drive rated at "240 GB" will report at around 228 GB or a bit less in disk manager (240 GB / 1.024 / 1.024).

Sounds like you need to save some stuff off your old HD to another media, as it won't all fit on the new SSD has less capacity than what's on your old HD.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Download some cloning software, clone my 232GB drive over (took 3 hours?), swap drives.

A drive rated at "240 GB" will report at around 228 GB or a bit less in disk manager (240 GB / 1.024 / 1.024).

Sounds like you need to save some stuff off your old HD to another media, as it won't all fit on the new SSD has less capacity than what's on your old HD.

I don't understand--I had 180GB unused space on the old drive. Only about 50GB was being used.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix

I don't understand--I had 180GB unused space on the old drive. Only about 50GB was being used.

Should be OK then. I was taking it that you had 232 GB of data to transfer to the new drive.

Back