Wiper blades in new cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
The different wiper blades in new cars interest me for some reason. It's interesting how the same mfg varies up the styles across their models. Some examples:

2019 Tundra beam blades:
[Linked Image]

2019 Camry & Sienna hybrids (likely Denso/NWB Designers):
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

2019 Odyssey beams:
[Linked Image]

2019 Pilot hybrids:
[Linked Image]

Hyundai seems to be the last mfg left to still use conventional blades:

2019 Elantra:
[Linked Image]

2019 Sonata hybrids:
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by skyactiv
It looks like Hyundai cheaps out on the Elantra.

No kidding. My 2018 also came with conventionals and they sucked from day one.

Originally Posted by wings&wheels
Originally Posted by rooflessVW
How about the curved passenger wiper on my 911?

..and the neat little aero wing on your drivers side

I was used to that, having owned my share of 90's German hot rods, but I had never seen a curved wiper blade.

They're cheap (enough) from my OPC too!

On this topic does anyone know where to buy NWB refills? The factory wipers on my Tacoma lasted 3 years and are NWB.

I bought some Sightlines which are sold by most Toyota dealerships but they are made in China.

My 11 Tundra came with Valeo for OEMs.
Love the blades.

Originally Posted by mclasser
The different wiper blades in new cars interest me for some reason. It's interesting how the same mfg varies up the styles across their models. Some examples:

2019 Tundra beam blades:
[Linked Image]

2019 Camry & Sienna hybrids (likely Denso/NWB Designers):
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

2019 Odyssey beams:
[Linked Image]

2019 Pilot hybrids:
[Linked Image]

Hyundai seems to be the last mfg left to still use conventional blades:

2019 Elantra:
[Linked Image]

2019 Sonata hybrids:
[Linked Image]

The Japanese have been adopting Bosch or Valeo's "Euro-style" button attachment blades lately. Denso/NWB and Mitsuba have been supplying them.

Honda did use Bosch's wiper system on the Civic Coupe.

I don't know who Ford uses for OEM, but the ones on my Fiesta are still streak and noise free after 2 years. Even higher priced replacements don't last much longer than 6 months on our other cars so I just went back to cheap traditional blades on them.

Originally Posted by Reddy45
On this topic does anyone know where to buy NWB refills? The factory wipers on my Tacoma lasted 3 years and are NWB.

I bought some Sightlines which are sold by most Toyota dealerships but they are made in China.

Our dad's 2006 Tundra came with NWB wipers. Great blades, I found that Advance Auto sells the NWB brand, but, it is available online, not in stores. Here is a link.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/c3/windshield-wiper-blades/15566

The curved Rain-X Latitude blades are the best I've had on a vehicle yet.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by mclasser
Originally Posted by skyactiv
It looks like Hyundai cheaps out on the Elantra.

No kidding. My 2018 also came with conventionals and they sucked from day one.

Elantra=Cheap car. That is the only reason I bought one. More car for less money. On my 2017 wiper blades almost lasted two years. Replacement Anco conventionals from Rock Auto for $7.00 a pair are also fine. I do clean my window often which seems to make a difference.

Loved the wipers on 2001 RX300 with replaceable inserts. Worked well and lasted a long time.

The wipers on my Prius are going on 3 years and could easily go one more. Can you imagine how long wipers would last if manufacturers designed them to "park" off the glass and under the hood like some of the cars in the 70s did?

Last edited:
Call me cheap but I have been buying the rubber inserts off Ebay, shipped from China and refilling my own. Extremely low cost and seem to last a good 18 months. I have heard mixed reviews on the beam style and I definitely don't like the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back