Winter boots recommendations

I've been looking for some slip on insulated rubber boots for outside work in the snow and cold weather. Not looking to spend more than $150 and I've narrowed it down to 3 boots. I tend to have cold feet and last year with some cheap insulated boots I had to have toe warmers even in 25 degree weather.

Bogs Classic High No Handle Insulated Boots - $120. Gets a lot of good reviews, only drawback I really see is it doesn't say how much insulation there is, instead it's rated to -40 F, which I'm never sure how they determine that. Also reviews indicate they are very comfortable.

Muck Boots Artic Ice Extreme Conditions - also lots of good reviews and it's a well known shoe company, but also lacks description on amount of insulation and rated to -40 F. $134

Cabela's Zoned Comfort 2000 gram - lack of reviews outside of their websites, buddy of mine has had some lace ups for 10 years now and says it's a good value. Most important feature I like is that the insulation is heaviest in the toes at 2000 grams per square meter, 1200 in the shank and 800 g in the heel.

Anyone have any other recommendations for insulated rubber boots for $150 or less?

I worked 2nd shift at a shipyard as a shipwright. out side on units or on the hulls setting units hot in summer, cold in winter. Cold that you could feel your body heat being sucked away through the soles of your feet. 2 pr of wool socks, extra wide sized uninsulated boots. In the coldest or wet weather, heavy duty rubbers. Air space, warm and dry. Heavy as ...:cool:

I don’t know if mine are winter rated but they do keep my feet warm in the winter time they are Cat and Justin both of them keep my feet warm

Bogs aren't nearly as comfortable or warm as Muck Boots.

Regular Muck Boots are normally warm enough and are light when compared to other options in this category.

The Arctic Muck boots are a bit of an over-kill, they're thicker and clunckier than regular Muck boots, and also cost more. The soles are a bit better on ice though.

I wear Muck Brushlands and Wetlands right now (almost identical), the Edgwaters aren't nearly as good. I've had the Arctics for several years but don't wear them, they're too heavy and warm even at 0F.

The downfall of most of these types of boots is their traction on ice and wet wood. You will fall on your arss very hard with the slightest misstep. They are great in snow and mud though.

My first pair of Muck Boots lasted about 5 years of heavy use. The others haven't worn out yet.

They can be worn all day and still be very comfy.

Most other boots aren't as light, warm or comfortable.

I have a pair of Muck Arctic. Very rarely wear them. Too warm and dont breathe.
Great boot for someone who gets cold feet easily and doesn't sweat.

The only time my feet get cold is from sweat. I need thin boots that breathe.
My fingers on the other hand get cold real fast.

Good thing for your hands that you live in an area that’s balmy throughout the year.

Im no expert but the guys up in Alaska make a living with Xtratuf boots and have for many years.. i would venture to say they must be decent.

Xtratufs are a different kind of boot, they are light and comfy, with much better traction in the wet.

They did come out with a more insulated version, but most are the thin un-insulated model. I have Xtratufs for times when I'm not so worried about staying warm. I haven't used the insulated model.

They are frequently purchased on the large side and socks are doubled up as needed for warmth.

I have these as well. I use them for plowing snow on the tractor with cold floor boards. No complaints.

I have the traditional/ non insulated muck boot that I keep at my parents house. The sole started to separate at the seam about 2 years after buying them so we’ll see if the Arctics hold up better. So far, they don’t leak.

I'm not aware of a non insulated Muck Boot, but they have so many versions its hard to keep track. Rarely do Muck Boots leak until they get old, I did have part of a sole come loose, glued it back in place and it never came loose again.

Sorels. Not that great if you are going on a long walk but very warm. Very popular with “Lifties” at ski hills.

4C1F9526-8EBF-480D-9204-198164A553B2.jpeg

I've always had good luck with 1200g Cabelas rubber knee boots. They are the only thing I use for ice fishing anymore.

Back