Windshield Spots

CAUTION! The Bon Ami usually seen in stores is not the glass friendly version.
You want the 1886 version in the red can.

Ignore the rip off prices you see on the google search result.
If you go on Ace hardwares website, you can select the store near you, add 1 can of the product to your cart which is under $2
and pick up in store for free. The serving Ace distribution center puts the order in a clear plastic bag and sends it to the store it serves for the weekly delivery.
So there is no shipping to pay for.

Just enter bon ami 1886 in the Ace Hardware search.

Avoid the Ajax, it'll scratch the glass. I'd try wetting the spots with window cleaner, then using a new razor blade to lightly scarpe the spots off. If that fails, maybe move to white vinegar.
If all that fails, you can get cerium oxide from Amazon which is an aggressive polish, but it's made to work on glass, and doesn't seem to scratch it.

great tip sky active! i always search + shop as the first things shown can be more costly!!!!

Avoid the Ajax, it'll scratch the glass. I'd try wetting the spots with window cleaner, then using a new razor blade to lightly scarpe the spots off. If that fails, maybe move to white vinegar.
If all that fails, you can get cerium oxide from Amazon which is an aggressive polish, but it's made to work on glass, and doesn't seem to scratch it.
Exactly ! Do not use AJAX.

Rainx has a glass cleaner that is similar in consistency to watered down tooth paste. It works good at removing physical contaminates stuck to glass.

If the spots leave a greasy spot, use the below glass cleaner to remove the grease spots. It’s the only thing I’ve used that removes silicone overspray from glass. I’ve tried countless other products with no luck. It’s a gem.
B4D94946-2238-4DC8-8BB9-7CA79DDCB415.png

Back