Windows Phone and .NET

I have not used Windows Phone except for very brief encounters at cell phone stores, so I was wondering how the phones deal with .NET libraries. I ask because on desktop Windows, the .NET libraries are a huge bloat of files on the disk, and have frequent updates that require large amounts of CPU time to 'recompile' those assemblies. I can't see those hefty storage space needs and processing requirements working well on a phone where flash storage space is limited and lengthy processing time will run down the battery in no time if it doesn't overheat the phone first. But I am ignorant, if you have first hand experience with modern Windows phone please share your experience with the ongoing self-maintenance of the operating system and it's libraries.

You've lost me. I have a Nokia Lumia 928 that's about 9 months old. It updates quickly, and battery life is excellent. It gets through a day of light to moderate Internet browsing and phone calling.

windows phone(os) isnt microsoft windows os (ie 8.1,7 vista etc)
Originally Posted By: BearZDefect
I have not used Windows Phone except for very brief encounters at cell phone stores, so I was wondering how the phones deal with .NET libraries. I ask because on desktop Windows, the .NET libraries are a huge bloat of files on the disk, and have frequent updates that require large amounts of CPU time to 'recompile' those assemblies. I can't see those hefty storage space needs and processing requirements working well on a phone where flash storage space is limited and lengthy processing time will run down the battery in no time if it doesn't overheat the phone first. But I am ignorant, if you have first hand experience with modern Windows phone please share your experience with the ongoing self-maintenance of the operating system and it's libraries.

Windows phone user going on 3+ years now. (Started with a Nokia Lumia 900, currently using a Nokia Lumia 925) No issues with the OS itself. Certainly no issues like you are imagining anyways...

BearZDefect

Thanks. That's good to know. I do wonder about .NET on Windows Phone, Microsoft must approach it more considerately there.

Even on a Lumia 520/521 series, which are lowly phones, the OS runs fine. I just wish Tmobile would release the 8.1 update to them, it's been too long waiting for it. I'm not side-loading the update on this one. Even if not used as a phone, it's a really nice media device.