Windows 7 Pre Release prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting today Windows 7 Home Premium for $50 and Windows 7 Pro for $100 are for sale. Both are about $100 off their final price. Only catch is that you buy them now and don't get them until October 22nd.

I just ordered it for our 3 most used computers from Amazon. You cn also order direct from MS and from a couple of other sources. Watch-out, a download on October 22nd and a DVD delivered to your door on October 22nd are both available. Amazon offered the DVD (or is it a CD?) while I hear MS offers a download for the same price.

I didn't drink the Vista cool-aid so am ready to replace my long of tooth XP now. I know several people running Windows 7RC and they all like it. It's the release that Vista should have been.

Note: I didn't put this in the rebates/sales/promotion forum because it is computer specific and this is where the most nerds and nerdettes will see it. Please leave it here.

Last edited:
I'm waiting for Microsoft to start offering W7 as a free upgrade to Vista next week, since I'm about to purchase a new PC anyway.

I want to get it, but can't justify the need... I only surf the web and do other minimal tasks and $75/$125 (CDN Prices for pre-release) isn't really warranted.

Besides I would rather wait until SP1 comes out so most of the problems are fixed, as I'm sure there is going to be something...
thumbsup2.gif

As Windows OS deals go, it's a good deal.

The next couple systems we will be getting will be vendor-built, so I'll be waiting until next month on those to get the upgrade voucher.

But we have a couple newer systems still running XP that we will be keeping. This looks like a good fit for them.

Thanks.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
I'm waiting for Microsoft to start offering W7 as a free upgrade to Vista next week, since I'm about to purchase a new PC anyway.

I should have mentioned that. If you have recently bought Vista there may be a better offer.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I want to get it, but can't justify the need... I only surf the web and do other minimal tasks and $75/$125 (CDN Prices for pre-release) isn't really warranted.

Besides I would rather wait until SP1 comes out so most of the problems are fixed, as I'm sure there is going to be something...
thumbsup2.gif

I normally would have done that but this is the best price I have seen for an MS OS and don't expect to see anything like it for an XP upgrade again. The RC version is already stable and I know I'm going to replace XP in the next couple of years. Waiting didn't make sense for me. Here, have some Kool-Aid
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: XS650
... Here, have some Kool-Aid
grin2.gif

crackmeup2.gif

mmmm... That's good Kool-Aid. .... Uh oh... I don't feel very good... *BLACK-OUT* ... What happened... MUST BUY MS-WIN 7... MUST BUY MS-WIN 7
02.gif

I am very happy with Vista on my desktop. Never had any problems and I prefer it to XP. I wouldn't mind upgrading my XP Laptop though!

Pretty fair upgrade prices IMO.

Originally Posted By: XS650
Starting today Windows 7 Home Premium for $50 and Windows 7 Pro for $100 are for sale. Both are about $100 off their final price.

Just curious, is this upgrade applicable to OEM versions of XP as well?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

I have Vista on two computers...Microsoft will let all Vista users upgrade for W-7 free by download like it does with service packs??

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Pete591
I have Vista on two computers...Microsoft will let all Vista users upgrade for W-7 free by download like it does with service packs??

No. The free upgrade to W7 only applies to those who purchase a PC with Vista between July 1st and October 22nd, 2009, at least that's the unofficial rumor. I guess we'll know next week.

Quote:

Never had any problems

This appears to be the low bar metric for branding any MS product a "success"

It must be good, it hasn't blown up yet...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Quote:

Never had any problems

This appears to be the low bar metric for branding any MS product a "success"

It must be good, it hasn't blown up yet...

You have a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back