Windows 7 Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windows 7 users can use the backup program located in Control Panel. System & Security, Backup your computer. It too makes an emergency boot DVD disk.

I also have used the Macrium Reflect Free Backup Program in XP, VISTA, & Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit). This program too makes a complete mirror image of your hard drive. Backup to an External Hard Drive & a Bootable CD for recovery. I have use this several times for both backup and complete restore.

Link to Macrium Free

I have done a couple of backups with the Windows 7 backup program and made the bootable Windows 7 boot CD but the question I have has anyone done a restore using it?

Originally Posted By: SrDriver
I have done a couple of backups with the Windows 7 backup program and made the bootable Windows 7 boot CD but the question I have has anyone done a restore using it?

The system I'm using now was restored from a Windows 7 system image. Took about 8 minutes for 30 GB.

Slight offtopic, but i just tested Macrium, it was confusing and i hate useless backround prosesses, Windows has scheduled task already.

Driveimage XML is much clearer and lighter. Just make UBCD4Win cd and it's there for rescue with many other usefull tools.

Macrium had Linux rescue cd too. Which is nice if you don't want or can't make UBCD4Win cd, but still UBCD4Win or any WindowsPE/BartPE is kind of mandatory to have if one want's to fix Windows not just dump a image over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back