Win 7 problem with youtube ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Lenovo laptop purchased in August runs Win 7 home premium 64 bit and I have a problem when using youtube.

I open browser windows in 32 bit as there are alot of compatibility issues with many websites if I try to use 64 bit.

With youtube the problem is that after viewing a number of video's, maybe 10-15, the video window goes black and a message is displayed saying I need to upgrade flash player. The first time this happened I downloaded the latest flash player but the problem has not been resolved.
If I close ALL browser windows and open a new one, youtube works as normal again ! Then after 10-15 vids the problem returns and I have to go through the close all browsers, reopen etc.

Any idea's ?

I'm assuming you use Internet Explorer? I have fixed several of issues of this by installing Fire Fox the latest version and all was well. I don't recommend using IE at all. Just a FYI.

Could do but it was never a problem with IE on Vista on my previous laptop ?!
Forgot to mention that updates are up to date, inc SP1

Thats the only solution I got and know it will fix your problem. IE has way to many bugs in it and to open to viruses. I started using FF over 2yrs ago and will never go back. You can try it and I gurantee you will never turn back. You will notice better performance also. Hope this helps.

This problem I've seen common with win 7 and IE. Tells you to upgrade flash then go upgrade then go back to youbube and still says to upgrade seen it 1,000 times.

Do you have the most current flash player? 11.x was released a few weeks ago... which does add 64 bit support.

Also what version of IE are you using? 8 or 9?

I've experienced the issue you're experiencing and IIRC it started sometime around when Youtube started to play around with delivering some content via HTML5.

Regardless, ditch IE. Go with Firefox or Chrome.

Yes I do have the latest flash and just installed IE9.
Where is the best place to download Firefox ?

Win 7 64 bit both home and pro on a few machines incl netbook, desktop and such - no issues with Chrome , Opera or FF on you tube.

You tube works great no matter how many I watch in a sitting.

Don't do IE and will not.

Originally Posted By: evoboy
Yes I do have the latest flash and just installed IE9.
Where is the best place to download Firefox ?

here

IE9 has some automatic ad blocking and add-on blocking, make sure you configure the browser to allow or not block the site if that hasn't been done. I know when I first upgraded to IE9 it started to block flash video after you go to the site a few times because it "learns", it was really annoying and I finally just turned those settings off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back