Win 10 some sites don't work

win 10- on some sites if I click on show page in new window, it comes up blank. This is since the last couple of updates. I have done nothing except accept the winm 10 updates

any ideas as to how to fix this??????

What browser are you using? I would clear internet history while you are at it and try again.

Do you have a popup blocker installed?

Last edited:
win 10- on some sites if I click on show page in new window, it comes up blank. This is since the last couple of updates. I have done nothing except accept the winm 10 updates

any ideas as to how to fix this??????
When this happens I click on the address bar anywhere just make sure not to highlight it then hit enter.

If the links in question were links that 100% worked prior, then I'd start with the usual: try a different browser, disable any script- or ad-blockers, clear cache, etc.

Unless you need to hide your history from someone there is no real benefit in clearing it. Having your history data can provide some convenience and poses little or no threat to you privacy or security.

HOWEVER a lot of "links" on a web page are actually just javascript instructions that act on the current page; and if you open them in a new window there is no "current page" to act upon and you'll end up with a blank page.

HOWEVER a lot of "links" on a web page are actually just javascript instructions that act on the current page; and if you open them in a new window there is no "current page" to act upon and you'll end up with a blank page.
This is very likely the problem.

I have the same problem as 928 on my Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop with Firefox. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox numerous times and it still does it.

I do what Trav does, click on the web address and hit enter and generally within 3 to 5 repetitions, the website will load. It does not matter if I manually enter the website, hit a link, or use a bookmark. There is no rhyme nor reason to it.

I have CONSTANT page freezes using Apple Safari only in two forums, one is BITOG.
For the forums I use Opera, never an issue, fast as heck, maybe because built in ad blocker and maybe the ad servers themselves causing the issue in my case.
Anyway, Zero issues with Opera and would be curious if Windows users try it out, if it fixes anything.

My sister had this issue. It was a failing hard drive. Swapped out new HDD and no issues. Prolly something to do with read and write when trying to access websites etc. Easy fix but didn't think it could be a HDD that did that.

Windows 10 isn't the problem. Perhaps a recent update or your connection to the internet may have been changed with the browser settings. Are you using any Ad-blockers?
Have you tried another browser? Firefox has updated quite a bit lately and sometimes "settings" can change. As previous posters mentioned (JavaScript) could be prohibited or changed in settings. Try going to the original web page instead of the bookmark/favorite.

Back