Will we lose the right to service ours cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: sciphi
This exemption does help owners of older and "classic" cars that are 25+ years old. The computers on those newer "classic" cars are very likely not supported by the manufacturer anymore, or by any dealers. So reverse-engineering by enthusiasts keeping their 1990 or older whatever on the road is going to become increasingly common and necessary.

So we're going the way of Cuba?
There will be thousands of 1990 Caprice's resurrected and roaming the earth? (Actually I wish I had one...grew up in them!)

If our government is going to expand its program of taking care of us they might as well take over private passenger vehicle maintenance. They could start with banning the sale of oil and other fluids along with parts and accessories to anyone without a government license for such work. The government could protect you from being exposed to these fluids and could guarantee that they would be properly disposed of by those with that government license. Would you vote against such a plan if you might be risking your next welfare check? We're headed to a society where the majority of people will be on some sort of welfare which could well influence a lot of votes.

There you go: The Peoples' Bureau of Vehicle Maintenance' aka the Affordable Car Act. 18 month wait for Transmission fluid check, in the meantime your transmission has expired.
I remember this being talked about 25 years ago.

Originally Posted By: rsylvstr
Nick1994 said:
Ridiculous question

No.

That's like all these people who think Obama is just going to take away their guns. Stupidest people around.

Really? When did he take away your gun? Did he just walk by and knock on the door and take it. [/quote

Unfortunately this has become the norm for our college students. Believe in the [censored] spewed by Hollywood and the liberal left.
+1

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Ridiculous question

No.

That's like all these people who think Obama is just going to take away their guns. Stupidest people around.

Really? When did he take away your gun? Did he just walk by and knock on the door and take it.
It might be easier to understand your rant if you kept your tenses straight, but perhaps they don't teach that any longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back