Will they still make Havoline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys, I just found this website and I love it! Lots of good info. Anyway on to my point. As You all probably know Shell bought out Texaco, well at work some of the grease and oil we use is being discontinued due to this. Has anybody heard anything as far as Havoline motor oil? Just wondering if the recipe or name may be changing?

Chevron merged with Texaco. ChevronTexaco says, "What is happening to the Havoline brand?

Texaco had been marketing premium automotive and industrial lubricants worldwide, including Havoline, which has been marketed by Caltex in Asia. ChevronTexaco will continue to market these products worldwide, including the United States."
http://www.chevrontexaco.com/q_and_a.asp#sec2

Use of the Texaco and Havoline brand names is more complex for other products. See the link above.

Shell bought Pennzoil-Quaker St. Corp. You're probably thinking of the Shell-Texaco joint venture called Equilon that shared refining facilities. That's coming apart to allow Texaco to merge with Chevron.

Ken

[ November 28, 2002, 11:34 PM: Message edited by: Ken ]

Hmmm, I guess there's more to this than I thought. I didn't know anything about chevron. Around here they are changing all the Texaco gas stations to Shell. And at work we've been using Shell Alvainia 3 grease and we were told the recipe belonged to Texaco and it would be dicontinued. Thanks for the info though.

"HOUSTON, February 8 -- With the purchase of Texaco’s assets in the U.S. downstream business nearly finalized, today affiliates of Shell Oil Company announced the launch of one of the largest re-branding efforts ever undertaken in the U.S.

This week, Texaco-branded retailers and wholesalers operating some 13,000 stations across the country were sent letters on the re-branding effort. The vast majority of Texaco stations in the U.S. are expected to be re-branded as Shell."
http://www.shelloilproductsus.com/

Ken

You know how this goes with mergers.....I have been through three with our organization.....they will keep and sell the brands, but research, formulation and production will be consolidated based on factors important to the business. So, you really don't know what you are getting from the new company in the future.....could be Shell in the HAvoline can or vice versa.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back