Will Quaker State cure BITOG Disease?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quaker State Peak Performance oil and their filters were on sale, so I bought a 3 year supply. I sent in the UPC codes for a rebate so I can't return them. Will this cure my BITOG disease, or at least put it into remission for a while?

I have 177 quarts of oil in my stash. Yesterday I put 5 quarts of clearance oil in my cart and then put it back on the shelf. I think maybe I am cured.

quote:

Originally posted by BigAl:
Quaker State Peak Performance oil and their filters were on sale, so I bought a 3 year supply. I sent in the UPC codes for a rebate so I can't return them. Will this cure my BITOG disease, or at least put it into remission for a while?

It's fine for 3K OCIs. Your BITOG disease is in remission.... not cured yet!
lol.gif

Well, my friend, I've got good news & bad news for you.

First the good news:
Despite being the red-headed stepchild of oils, QS Peak Performance oil will work just fine in your vehicle, assuming it meets your vehicle's required specs. for engine oil.

Now the bad news:
About a year ago, when I first discovered BITOG & started changing the oil myself in all my vehicles, I went out & purchased a boatload of QS Peak Performance 5w30. I also loaded up on QS 4x4 & SUV semi-syn.
To make a long story short, it did not cure my BITOG disease. Oh well, at least you're in good company with a bunch of other OCOCD freaks.
gr_eek2.gif
smile.gif

uuhhhmn, I have always changed my vehicles oil+ filters. I dont think I ve ever bought more than 15qts/3filters at a time. TP, Are you some sorta automotive LDS?
grin.gif
They are sposed to keep a years supply of food on hand. I like BITOG, I have learned a lot. Mostly that my regimen of cheap dino oil/ STP oil filters/ 3k OCIs is fine. And that MMO is more than good smelling snake oil.

quote:

Originally posted by BigAl:
Will this cure my BITOG disease, or at least put it into remission for a while?

Simply stated...
NO. There is no known cure for the newly recognized disease being coined as HDLD (Heavy Duty Lubrication Disorder). This disorder, known to primarily effect a group of people who routinely seek out a range of petroleum derivatives, is not currently able to be cured, nor is it being funded for research by any organization. The disease does not appear to be fatal, nor is it damaging to the general public, although individuals who are afflicted tend to spend massive amounts of time in discount and auto parts stores, usually have high speed internet connections, are above average intelligence, and tend toward having the biggest garages in the neighborhood, with lots of shelf space.
And that is fine with me....
wink.gif

Nope. No cure. You'll wind up considering getting cars that can't use the existing oil, giving you an excuse to buy more oil.
A Ford Powerstroke Diesel would give you a chance to play with HDEOs.
A turbocharged race car would let you play with Redline!
Or maybe a Ford 500? Give you a chance to play with CVT *and* 5W20!

The only known cure for BITOG Elbow is to move to a country where public transportation is ruthlessly efficient and pleasant to use, and where they routinely go over 10,000 mile OCIs as easily as we do 3,000 miles OCIs. Someplace like Switzerland. My sister hasn't shown a single symptom of BITOG Elbow since she moved to Switzerland.

And now you know...
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by TomJones76:
Nope. No cure. You'll wind up considering getting cars that can't use the existing oil, giving you an excuse to buy more oil.

Or look for a car that consumes oil so you can keep topping up.
grin.gif

So did you actually cut the plastic bottles to get the UPCs?

I've had to do that for Superflo rebates, as I've bought the bottles by the quart at rite-aid drugstores and have been unable to seperate paper label from plastic bottle.

I have old chevron quart bottles that I funneled exxon oil into so I could get the rebate in the mail before consuming that oil. Naturally I mark the old used bottles so I don't make a "grave mistake". They're becoming a decrepit mess with loose tamper seals, oily residue on the outside, etc...

I need a 5 gallon bucket to store all this superflo in. Maybe I should look in the quickie lube dumpster for some exotically labelled "oil keg" that will look nice in my shed (refilled with mediocre sale-priced oil).

Now if you actually went on a vacation to Pennsylvania to see oil-related museums...
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back