Will new keyboard app solve my tablet word suggestion problem?

I have an Amazon Kindle Fire 10. When I type words, the completed word suggestions stink! Most times the correct word does not come up until the last or second to last letter. If I install another keyboard app, will that solve this problem? My Android 7 phone works perfectly.

Yes, it should. They word suggestions come from the keyboard, not the OS.

Also, if you "teach" the keyboard what words you were looking for, it should learn and improve. If you just skip the suggestions, it doesn't know they're off.

I always liked Swiftkey, but you had to sideload it on the kindle last I knew. It learns based on your typing, so it gets better over time.

Swiftkey, Side load? You mean from one of those little chips, micro, mini? Does the little chip stay in?

Swiftkey, Side load? You mean from one of those little chips, micro, mini? Does the little chip stay in?
You probably need to Google the full steps. It's not difficult nor risky, you just have to do multiple steps. Sideload basically means "not using the app store". You can download an APK to internal storage, then use an 'installer' or even some file managers. You can also download the APK on a computer, transfer to an SD card, then insert in your Kindle. Again, there's many options.

Back