will import oils have a higher HTHS then north american oils?

im looking for the highest hths 0w20 and at my local canadian tire here in canada i can get any of these on sale for cheap
motomaster 0w20 synthetic dexos1 gen2
motomaster 0w20 sythetic high mileage
motomaster oe plus 0w20 synthetic domestic dexos 1gen2
motomaster oe plus 0w20 synthetic import

unless im wrong i assume the hm has the highest hths without looking at kinematics data, its hard to get it for this brand since its made by shell but maybe the import oil is higher?

thx

im looking for the highest hths 0w20 and at my local canadian tire here in canada i can get any of these on sale for cheap

unless im wrong i assume the hm has the highest hths without looking at kinematics data, its hard to get it for this brand since its made by shell but maybe the import oil is higher?

thx
You're not going to get a HTHS of 3.5min with 0w20 grade.

HM would have more additives for seal hydration, among other things, and not necessarily for HTHS compared to regular oil product.

With the exception of like Redline or other botique oils the HTHS of most 0W20 is pretty similar, just use the one with the appropriate spec for your car, if you want more hths, use a 30 grade oil.

With the exception of like Redline or other botique oils the HTHS of most 0W20 is pretty similar, just use the one with the appropriate spec for your car, if you want more hths, use a 30 grade oil.
Exactly. And if someone is worried about warranty then you're not going to use Red Line.

Higher HT/HS comes with a higher grade or different specification/license which is the reason I'm using VW 504 00 oil in my TIguan rather than 508 00.

Reactions: FZ1
🙋‍♂️ Raises hand with the best answer:

Go give Shaeffer’s #9005 0W20 a spin. HTHS of 2.71 or
Shaeffer’s #9004 5W20 a try. A robust HTHS of 2.83.

Both meet most manufacturers approvals and requirement. I was recently thinking about the same question. I may be
trading in my ’16 Diesel Colorado pickup for the new Ford Maverick Pickup.

Exactly. And if someone is worried about warranty then you're not going to use Red Line.

Higher HT/HS comes with a higher grade or different specification/license which is the reason I'm using VW 504 00 oil in my TIguan rather than 508 00.
and how exactly they are gonna know if he uses redline or not? will his car talk to them and betray the owner? like they know what kind of oil is in the engine! smart answer from an experienced guy!

and how exactly they are gonna know if he uses redline or not? will his car talk to them and betray the owner? like they know what kind of oil is in the engine! smart answer from an experienced guy!
Give it up okay? You’re just being silly at this point.

thx
If it’s Motomaster you want, these are high quality oils manufactured by Shell. Unfortunately there is not much data on them. Having said that, the Motomaster OE Plus 0W20 Import will most likely have the highest HTHS. Read the back of the bottle and look for AECA approvals. It so, it’s likely the HTHS rating will be the highest of the oils you listed.

thx
The motomaster oils seem to follow Shell's Quaker State line of oils (as far as I can tell). I bought a few jugs when they went on sale. The MM 0w30Euro's specs were exactly the same as the QS 0w30 Euro oil. I expect very few, if any, 0w20 oils will have an HTHS spec of 3.5. I think the 0w30 with a pour point of -51C should work well in the coming winter and since it say it meets or beats Daimler's 229.51/52 specs it will work fine if you are willing to go to a different grade.
1630333540059.jpg

1630333505030.jpg

Back