Will I be arrested if I use this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mph

-

I've read through Division 12 of the California Vehicle Code, but I can't find any section that tells me what oils are street-legal.
rolleyes.gif

quote:

Originally posted by mph:
 -

I've read through Division 12 of the California Vehicle Code, but I can't find any section that tells me what oils are street-legal.
rolleyes.gif

Basically, this oil is made for lower-friction (big time friction-modifier content!) and higher protection (a la 20w-50), but for one, it has even less detergent content than regular "car" oil, which is not good for street use.

They put the big "not street legal" on there to discourage people from using it. Unless your racing and draining your oil frequently, don't run this oil...it's pointless.

If you have to use a Valvoline Racing oil, us the VR1. It's much better for street use than the regular Valvoline racing oil.

My recommendation??? If you want good protection (like the 20w-50 racing oils), why not run a 15w-40 "fleet" oil...like Delo 400?

mph,

This oil contains a big slug of the zinc phosphorus antiwear agent...if it kills your catalytic converter and you don't pass the smog test, don't say that you weren't warned. In addition to added friction modifiers, it also has a lower level of detergents. Might not be illegal, but sure wouldn't be smart to use this for everyday driving.

Ken

Guys, I was just taking a shot at the marketing people who come up with this nonsense. Don't worry that I'm actually going to use this stuff, but I appreciate your concern.

Gotta love the marketing department at Valvoline. 1st pseudo synths everywhere(oil, ps fluid/brake fluid, FI cleaner....), higher mileage blends(antifreeze too)......, and now oil that is not street legal!

Psychology sells--They'll sell more because its "Not street legal" to the lesser informed consumers.

Since we're all rebels, we need to use this oil
grin.gif

Gotta run to the patent office. Just created synthetic windshield washer fluid(yep, missed by all those companies).

Gotta give StarTrek some credit. Anyone remember SynthAle?

quote:

Originally posted by unDummy:

Psychology sells--They'll sell more because its "Not street legal" to the lesser informed consumers.

I can see all the "Fast and the Furious" fans running out and buying this oil, to go along with their NAWWWWWSSS!
grin.gif

LOL...hahahha lmao, i cant stop laughing. its a riot that fast and furious fans just want the products they thing is good...they even make their cars look like the cars in the movie.. lol i cant stop laughing.

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:

quote:

Originally posted by unDummy:

I can see all the "Fast and the Furious" fans running out and buying this oil, to go along with their NAWWWWWSSS!
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back