Will finding matching headlights and turn signals

Status
Not open for further replies.
.. be hard? I lost access to my EBay (I failed to reset my password) .. and I remember "bulb sockets." I know I should look for a matched pair of headlights?

*For my 95 Civic

Hello, Is it me or was your question a jumble of 3 different thoughts?
Whatever it was.....finding a matched pair of anything from the front of a car is more difficult.
As a junkyard guy said to me years ago, "Cars have a way of going forward when they crash."

There are yards right around your neighborhood. Start calling them.
When you get a dud, ask them for the name of a foreign car junk yard they've used. Kira

Probably be better off looking for new aftermarket ones.
Odds are anything in a yard will be a goner or you will have to travel to multiple yards to gain sets.

Check
"1A Auto Parts" on the net. They have decent qualituy lamp assemblys for a reasonable price. Ther are other suppliers.

Thanks, all.

The thing that I fear I may have trouble locating are (read:) "Turn Signal SOCKETS." The SOCKET - that holds the bulb, and has the wiring, - is what sent me to Central NJ for one, and then again when it was found to be rusted out. Each time, I got the very last one.

I have one of the two "corner indicator" lights.. no sockets.

I could maybe buy them easily on EBay, complete. But is there a way to do that without PayPal? (*will have to make new eBay ID. I had 100% seller rating..)

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Check
"1A Auto Parts" on the net. They have decent qualituy lamp assemblys for a reasonable price. Ther are other suppliers.

Shall I look at car-part.com too ?

No its a civic, you should be able to find parts [censored] near anywhere. Why are you replacing the headlight housings and turn signals? If you're just looking for a cheap replacement just buy aftermarket. The reflector quality and bulb positioning isn't going to be great but they'll work. I just got a pair of TYC housings for an '04 Odyssey for ~$100 brand new. Going to open them up for a retrofit so I didn't really care about the [censored] beam pattern though.

Originally Posted By: silvercivicsi
No its a civic, you should be able to find parts [censored] near anywhere. Why are you replacing the headlight housings and turn signals? If you're just looking for a cheap replacement just buy aftermarket. The reflector quality and bulb positioning isn't going to be great but they'll work. I just got a pair of TYC housings for an '04 Odyssey for ~$100 brand new. Going to open them up for a retrofit so I didn't really care about the [censored] beam pattern though.

It's on a 95, I have an EX not an Si .. but they were stolen (no more pretty HIDs for me?) .. and now I need to replace "everything that was there.

- Headlights "aassemblies" (lens and bulb) - both
- turn signal lens - I have one not the other. Aftermarket, amber.
- TURN SIGN SOCKETS - both.
- Turn signal bulbs - both.

This is what we are dealing with

fc46c8420a066a0b8ebe10468d2b60c2.jpg

be5d84809da7b945a1b2a2e5b8a7880b.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/92-93-94-95-HONDA-CIVIC-1PC-HEADLIGHTS-CHROME-COUPE-HATCHBACK-DRIVER-PASSENGER-/360797575528?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1995%7CModel%3ACivic&hash=item5401361968&vxp=mtr

Under $100 for a complete unit. i'm assuming the wiring is still intact? As for bulbs just run to AZ or whatever and pick up a set.

Originally Posted By: silvercivicsi
http://www.ebay.com/itm/92-93-94-95-HONDA-CIVIC-1PC-HEADLIGHTS-CHROME-COUPE-HATCHBACK-DRIVER-PASSENGER-/360797575528?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1995%7CModel%3ACivic&hash=item5401361968&vxp=mtr

Under $100 for a complete unit. i'm assuming the wiring is still intact? As for bulbs just run to AZ or whatever and pick up a set.

Perfect.

If I can buy this from EBay WITHOUT PAYPAL... OR Trust a BITOGer here to deposit a check from me, WAIT FOR THE CHECK TO CLEAR IN FUNDS 100%, then MAIL me said part.. I will be good.

PM me.. I honestly think I have to do that. Anyone that can:

1. ORDER THAT,
2. PM ME address to MAIL PAYMENT, (I can do check if you can wait for it to clear a bank, otherwise USPS Money Order, trust is involved here) and then
3. Mail it to me so I can take it to the shop in person.

Look, MP its unlikely anyone is going to stick out their neck to buy you stuff. It's not an "offer" if they take the risk, get the part and spend their own time doing it. You stand to benefit. But there is no benefit for them...aside from the warm feeling of helping...and there is the risk that they get stuck with a part that they don't need if you change your mind...and you do have a history of changing your mind...

You can do this for cash locally. Visit the yards.

That thing is...well...a heap. So who cares about matching? Buy a left or right, then look for the other side. Pay the yard man in cash, he might even be able to get one shipped in from another yard - again for cash.

Then, when it's roadworthy, retire that other heap and save some $$ driving this one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back