Will AMSoil warranty cover this???

Status
Not open for further replies.
i guess u would have to prove that the oil made the pump go bad. i dont know how you could prove that. i dont see how oil can make a pump go bad. but i dont know much. please keep us informed

from the thread:

quote:

He had someone change the oil on it and he said the oil light came on and oil pressure was tested low

Audi Junkie,

What oil was put in when it was changed?
(the previous owner used Amsoil S2 0W-30)

could be a bad oil filter was put on when the oil was changed?
wrong oil was put in the engine?

lots of assuming going around here...
wink.gif

AJ,

Are you asking 'Lets Pretend' it was Amsoil fault this happened and what would be covered by Amsoil?

Not enough information. Is there something to suspect that the oil caused this problem? Why should Amsoil cover the repair?

PS It's Amsoil.

PSS Bill makes a good point - Amsoil isn't even in the engine now, so what's with that?

[ December 02, 2005, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: Pablo ]

I highly doubt it was the oils fault. It rarely is the oils fault if ever.

Well, if the engine is full of sludge and it's been running AMSoil for 30k of 40k, kinda makes one look at the the oil. The new owner, a friend of the guy who bought the car new and serviced it with AMSoil, it does not matter what oil he put in, the OP light came right on as it does with a sludged engine and new filter. Basicly, it APPEARS that AMSoil sludged it up, but we are already into the corporate MLM double-speak. If not the "oil's fault" whose fault would it be, assuming the worst case of a AMSoil's user's fully sludged engine at 40k?
dunno.gif

Such anger. We are simply asking for facts. Please be objective.

How do we know the engine is sludged? We don't even know what kind of oil went in, what kind of filter, etc. We don't even know if the car has hidden mechanical/emissions issues.

He's been running Amsoil Series for 40K. He changed at 10K intervals. IF the engine is truly sludged then Amsoil will cover it. However, more facts would be required for ANY oil company M1, Castrol, Redline to just hand him a new motor - this is NOT "corporate MLM double-speak" - simply objective fact.

Just as a side bar - I have 260,000 miles on my turbo with Amsoil and 10-12K mile intervals. No sludge, no oil consumption, no oil lights.

Amsoil will not cover any sludged engine/oil pump failures that are possibly manufaturer-related. They also won't pay unless someone can prove that only Amsoil was used for the past 30-40K - if the problem was oil-related.

I hope he has receipts for all the OCs.... also witnesses who eyeballed him pouring the oil in the engine. Did he save prior filters too? Did they meet the specs?

Lots of stuff that must be sorted-out first.

We are talking about an Audi 1.8t. I'd bet the ranch it's sludged. I don't know what you mean by "anger", I have to be emphatic for clarity.

For people who say they don't know how oil can make the pump go bad, they have never seen a sludge-filled oil pump, I guess.

"We don't even know what kind of oil went in, what kind of filter, etc. We don't even know if the car has hidden mechanical/emissions issues."

Umm, that's sounds like double-speak to me. How does it matter what kind of fresh oil was added the day the OP light finally came on from years of accumulated sludge?
Let's see, AMSoil users need to keep a library of oil samples and reciepts for the oil. What kind of filters do they need? AMSoil? Oh yeah, they have to prove a negative of there not being any "hidden" mechanical issues.

This is going exactly according to the script as I foresaw.
rolleyes.gif

"Amsoil will not cover any sludged engine/oil pump failures that are possibly (KEYWORD:pOSSIBLY) manufaturer-related. They also won't pay unless someone can prove that only Amsoil was used for the past 30-40K - if the problem was oil-related.

I hope he has receipts for all the OCs.... also witnesses who eyeballed him pouring the oil in the engine. Did he save prior filters too? Did they meet the specs?"

Oh, the joy of being an AMSoil user.

Audi junkie - step back and THINK what you are typing. You clearly are NOT thinking. Forget your hatred for Amsoil and stick in the name "Joesoil" or something.

NO OIL COMPANY ON THE PLANET INCLUDING THE BELOVED SF MOLAOIL WILL BLINDLY REPLACE ANY ENGINE WITHOUT OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE.

quote:

I'd bet the ranch it's sludged

You absolutely have NOT proved this.

I'll know in a few days "if" it's sludged. Any other theories?

So...
Past 30k-full of AMSoil.
Today-full of sludge.

"I just don't see the connection"

What makes you think I foster a "hatred" for AMSoil? I'm just taking up the issue as it came to me, at the request of an AMSoil user. What's wrong with that? I do think it is ironic because we were just talking about AMSoil's Iron Clad warranty yesterday. It is interesting to see it in action though.

Oh, I'm not trying to "prove" the case at this exact second. I did phrase it as a hypothetical...as in "what would it take for AMSoil to cover it IF the owner claims 30/40k was AMSoil and it's fully sludged.

Pablo, I'm not putting you on the spot because I disslike you or AMSoil. You I like, AMSoil, I can live without. You don't even have to chime-in on the thread! It's not like I said: "hey Pablo, what about this?". I do think it's valid to question both the product and the warranty now, in light of the "event". Don't try to turn this into another Audi Junkie vs The World thread, I'm good at sticking to the subject.

IF you want a simple answer:

IF the engine is sludged. IF he can prove the engine is in good order. IF he can prove the Amsoil type and OCI of 10K or under and he has a sample of the oil that proves the oil failed - Then OF COURSE Amsoil will pay. This is no more or no less than any oil company. Enough said.

AJ - nothing personal at all. I'm an Amsoil dealer here so I feel a bit qualified to help out, that's all.

Maybe print this out or give him the link. Have him hook up with dealer, that's for sure.

Amsoil Warranty

Please show a tiny bit of respect and not type half caps for the company name.

Fair enough.
So maybe the owner is lying, or made a "mistake".
The car is like 3 years old, with the known problem of sludge from low quality oil. That makes his claim "iffy".
Yea, most car owners save a sample of their used oil. I'll have to warn hime to be sure to "provide" an oil sample....from this exact car, of course. Should he have a notary, a Certified SAE mechanic or Member of Congress verify the sample's origin? lol.

Probally what happened is he visited Jiffy Lube for all services but went after AMSoil because he hates them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back