Will AMSoil warranty cover this???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, what if I claimed you side-swiped my car then took off and you now owe me $3K for repairs? You'd expect some proof, right?
An analysis is the only way I know to answer your question. But, before you even consider wasting time and money read some other complaints . From these, it seems Audi is doing some dodging of their own. At least Amsoil publishes the requirements for a claim.

Honestly, what if I claimed you side-swiped my car then took off and you now owe me $3K for repairs? You'd expect some proof, right?

I don't know what makes you think that example is applicable. It seem a lot more clear-cut, a yes-no situation. It's the total opposite of the situation as I described, and hopefully you read and understood.

--------------------------------------------------

An analysis is the only way I know to answer your question. But, before you even consider wasting time and money read some other complaints.

Complaints and Oil Analysis. I don't see the connection.

-----------------------------------------------

From these, it seems Audi is doing some dodging of their own. At least Amsoil publishes the requirements for a claim.

Again, what's the connection between Audi acknowledged sludge problem and AMSoil's unrealistic claims and outright false advertisment of "Meets or Exceeds VW 502-spec"?

------------------------------------------------

BTW- Audi does publish criteria for making a claim under their recall. It requires use of a VW 502-approved oil, that sadly, AMSoil does not make.

-----------------------------------------------

Anything else, Mr. Objective?
rolleyes.gif

I see your account became active the day after my post went up.

"If any other oil was used, would this discussion even have taken place?"

...hardly an "objective" position. Care to tell us more about your AMSoil experiences?

What's been done to 'fix' this engine? No oil will keep an engine clean for a long period of time and no oil will clean it up. So, no matter what happened , if this engine needs to be cleaned out then the oil is not an issue. Maybe what's needed is three or four bottles of Auto-RX, some Delo 400 oil and some oil filters, lots of filters. If that's the case this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back