Wiggles the shop truck.

I’ll have to pay closer attention to other service trucks to see where they place the crane and welder, but it does seem undersized and/ or unevenly loaded.

I would definitely suggest making some changes.

Here is what I have done. I took out all the old,new,junk parts from the rear bumper area as well as those cabinets behind the rear wheels. The last guy was carrying so much stuff he just didn't need. Things like old starters,batteries etc.. I put all the heavy stuff like sockets and fluids as far forward as possible.

Those big 4D tractor batteries must weigh 120 lbs each and there was 3 of them back there.

It's better. Not 100% but no longer a white knuckle ride. The day I had to drive it a couple hundred miles it was chock full of the other mechanics tools and they were all towards the back.

Attachments

• IMG_20221229_100545550~2.jpg
    IMG_20221229_100545550~2.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 16
Here is what I have done. I took out all the old,new,junk parts from the rear bumper area as well as those cabinets behind the rear wheels. The last guy was carrying so much stuff he just didn't need. Things like old starters,batteries etc.. I put all the heavy stuff like sockets and fluids as far forward as possible.

Those big 4D tractor batteries must weigh 120 lbs each and there was 3 of them back there.

It's better. Not 100% but no longer a white knuckle ride. The day I had to drive it a couple hundred miles it was chock full of the other mechanics tools and they were all towards the back.

Can the welder move forward at all?

Do you have a pic of the other side? Because that looks like EVERYTHING heavy (the welder, and whatever the other thing is) mounts on the left side. Can you get a 4-corner weight?

Do you have a pic of the other side? Because that looks like EVERYTHING heavy (the welder, and whatever the other thing is) mounts on the left side. Can you get a 4-corner weight?
Can't get a 4 corner weight. The body looks like this on the other side and has that crane.

Screenshot_20221231-193710.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back