Wifes new truck..

Status
Not open for further replies.
To start another thread off of the "New Truck" thread I had for my 02 Ram. Long story short, the Ram was beginning to have expensive problems racking up one after the other and the head gasket blowing was the last straw so to speak. I ended up trading her off for a new truck for my wife and I have taken her old 2005 F-150.
The new truck is a 2012 F-150 XLT, 2wd, Supercrew with the 5.0 liter. At the time of the sale it had 135 miles on it, it now has around 300 miles on it.
I know I know this is the photo thread. Here you go:
fa937b8e.jpg

bfcf51b2.jpg

20bb09d9.jpg

e9ea99ae.jpg

576d64ba.jpg

And the modern day 5.0 liter, 302:
4e2ddbe1.jpg

I have discovered that a whole bunch has changed since 2005 with these trucks. There are so many buttons that I am lost. I went from cruise control buttons only to radio and phone controls to buttons that operate the little tv screen thingy in the middle of the gauge cluster. The lack of a power steering pump troubles me a bit as well. I like it and the wife loves it, I would love it if it were mine lol.

This truck has a couple more features added then your regular run of the mill XLT package as it was a special order that for whatever reason was passed on. Optional features include a rear sliding window, rear window defrost, reverse sensors, and electronic locking diff.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: The Critic
Congrats, nice truck!

How is the fuel economy compared to your 05?

+1 for both!

Thanks guys, I cant speak for fuel economy just yet. There is an active diagram on the new one that I have seen as low as 7mpg and as high as 18.5 mpg. It mostly stays around 17 though. This is with the 5.0 liter.
The 4.6 liter in the 05 is 15 mixed. That is from calculations tank after tank. As it stands on the new one, we havent burned up a half a tank yet even.

Now that you mentioned it I can see it lol. I guess I never really paid attention before. 3 of those is in my driveway/yard by themselves lol

I have owned 6 trucks in my lifetime. I have a 09 F150 FX4 5.4 now. IMHO this truck just blows all other pickup's out of the water. I hope you and your wife enjoy your pickup as I have mine. From what people tell me and what I have read as far as performance the 5.0 "coyote" is quite of bit of improvement over the 5.4.

Originally Posted By: BobsArmory
Even though I work for GM I do have to say that Ford makes some nice looking trucks

People have asked us if we own stock in GM or something as our whole fleet is GMC or Chevrolet!

But seriously, I don't see how anyone could not agree that the newer Fords are beautiful trucks, even more so on the inside.

BUT dynamically they are extremely heavy and suffer from that ponderous feel that can only be cured by losing some weight. My old 05 Silverado with a 5.3 and 3.73 gears can scamper around like a rabbit compared to my FIL's loaded 09 Ford with a 5.4 in it. That's because there is over 500 pounds difference.

Adding more HP is nice but still doesn't deal with all that road hugging weight!

Last edited:
Gorgeous truck. Same colour as one of the ones we have at work (and same engine).

I'm sure she'll be very happy with it! Ours has been problem-free.

You guys must haul a lot of stuff.

I will be getting a truck whenever the suburban gives up, (no clue as to when that will be though as it is still running strong) so this is good information.

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
You guys must haul a lot of stuff.

The tan truck is my little brothers, used in his job in construction. The black one is now mine to use at work for my job, mostly hauling diaphragm pumps and towing compressors. The blue one (new one) is used to haul my little girl to school/camp/wherever and groceries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back