Wife's 2014 Mazda 6 - official thread/pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first REAL avg MPG display, which should be the most accurate; This is AFTER Resetting the avg MPG display
smile.gif

(the previous time when we saw the avg MPG, it still wasn't reset because we forgot to do that when we got the car, and it still had influences of whatever miles the car had when we got it...)

Keep in mind that my wife's daily work drive is 90% at constant 60-65 mph with cruise on, but happy to see the avg figure nearing the EPA highway figure
smile.gif

Thank you Pete. So the highway figure is tested at only 60 mph? If so, the mazda6 above performs as claimed.

I thought some years ago they revised highway to 80 mph, but now that's the high speed test?

I don't see separate numbers for Highway vs High Speed on a page like this:
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbs&id=33400

Have they published their "new tests" numbers for newer vehicles yet?

Beautiful car. I can't express how happy I am that Mazda is back to building cars I'm attracted to. I'm dying to see what's in store for the next 3 hatch.

Just filled up for the 3rd time and I am happy with the results.

Miles, 352
Gallons to fill, 11.923
29.527, MPG

I was very gentle on the car this time around and used 6th gear much more often. With the exception of a 30 mile hwy run, this was all around town driving. The MPG monitor in the car stated 29.5MPG for the whole tank, I was pretty shocked with how dead-on it was.

Mazda6 Skyactiv-D racecar gets first win at Road Atlanta
Mazda has a long motorsports history, and one that is peppered with fascinating cars. The latest chapter in Mazda's racing story has just been written, as Joel Miller and Andrew Carbonell have driven the Visit Florida Racing Mazda6 Skyactiv-D to the car's first ever victory at the Rolex Grand-Am GX race at Road Atlanta. The win marks the first ever for Mazda's diesel-burning, production-car based Skyactiv-D racer, and the first win for a diesel-powered car in a Grand-Am event.

link

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
It's a delay. Happens. Doesn't mean 'never'.

Still think we will get it soon...

Diesel mazda 6 is coming out as a dual launch with the Mahindra diesel compact truck...

I can't wait to see it come out, but i believe it is possible that it simply will not. The 6 is not a high volume car, and the diesel take rate will be a low percentage of that. Depending on price it could be something like 10% of 6 sales are diesel. That is only a few thousand cars a year.

However, it is Mazda and they may just do it anyway, even if its not profitable. Perhaps they can steal some VW diesel market share.

I'm not sure how they test the highway MPG for Canadian cars, but the Mazda Canada website lists the 2014 Mazda 6's highway economy at a super impressive 5.1 L per 100km, which works out to 46.1 MPG! (and that's the US gallon, not the larger imperial gallon that Canada used to quote MPG figures in)

This car definitely seems to be getting some incredible MPG for it's size. I don't think there is any other midsize car that gets this kind of fuel economy other than a hybrid or diesel. Mazda definitely knows how to squeeze the most MPG out of it's gas engines! This car is on my short list for the car to replace my Civic someday (not for a few more years time mind you)

Originally Posted By: Patman
I'm not sure how they test the highway MPG for Canadian cars, but the Mazda Canada website lists the 2014 Mazda 6's highway economy at a super impressive 5.1 L per 100km, which works out to 46.1 MPG! (and that's the US gallon, not the larger imperial gallon that Canada used to quote MPG figures in)

That's strange. I guess Canada does not use the same methodology as EPA in the US. In the US, the 6 is rated at 28 mpg ciy, 40 mpg hwy, 36 combined. Average user reported mpg on fuelly is about 31. Still pretty good, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back