wife wants a RED suv-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her early build red Grand Cherokee is into it's 23th winter and it's getting close to replacement time with something similar-except that it MUST BE RED-only color car she'll own. Of course, that makes it way more difficult as 'earth tones' are more the norm. I've squawked in the past about women being increasingly the buyer or 'decider' with vehicles-and color/styling is mostest important while underhood not much. Still, a buyer has a fairly limited palate to chose from. Why don't the manufacturers cater to the gals=computer painting-offer them a wide selection(even if an upcharge as was done decades ago)? I'll want it to be a bit used rather than new and it seems that European makes offer more of the red and I'm not inclined to go that direction.

I think the last of the red ones were early 2000's-same as Trail Blazers-would have to find a really really nice one that probably few exist anymore. She wants more size than a Wrangler and more like fire engine red is her speed.

Last edited:
Look at a Toyota 4Runner.
sy3wip.jpg

Originally Posted By: Lapham3
She wants more size than a Wrangler and more like fire engine red is her speed.

Have you looked at the Wrangler Unlimited? They're quite a bit bigger than the regular 2 door model. My wife absolutely loves hers.

jp011005wr.jpg

Dodge usually does red.

me-2014-dodge-durango-sxt-awd-ri_653.jpg

A lightly used Durango is probably about $10,000 less than brand new MSRP. (one of the drawbacks of buying a new Dodge. Our "new" 2200 mile Chrysler window sticker was $28,870. We paid $18,998)

That's two thousand two hundred miles. Of course I don't know what the previous owner paid but it sank nearly $10,000 from sticker in 2,200 miles. Don't think I'll be buying a new Dodge anytime soon.

The 3.6 is a jewel of an engine in the 200 so far. I think it should sufficiently power a reshaped Mercedes ML chassis. Same chassis as the new GC too.

Why can't the Mrs., pick a color car she likes. I like white cars so that is what I buy unless there is a great deal on an non objectionable color to me.

Thanks-Spaz-That Durango does look like a bright RED-most of the others are more of a wine/cherry. CT8-she is the one who is deciding the color-and it also has to be monotone as she doesn't like all the 'gray plastic' on so many(I don't really either)I'm not a past fan of Mopar, but things change/evolve-for better and worse. I wasn't much interested in the Cherokee, but it's been amoung the best vehicles we've had.

LOL my wife loves red, she wants red everything.

That being said I bought her a red celica and she absolutely adores it, and is now conscious about her maintenance...

If I'm to buy my wife another car, it will be red.

My mom wanted a red suv.So they got a Rav4. The small scratches showed like crazy. It was like the keys wanted to scratch the door all the time. I don't like it.

I think it's a woman thing. My aunt went into the dealer last year for an oil change and came out with a 2013 VW Beetle TDI.

k4a074.jpg

To the OP:

It kinda depends who's paying...if its her money, it's (in the nicest possible way) absolutely none of your business, let her buy what she wants. This exempts you from any further work on the car because she didn't follow your advice.

If you're paying, and her only concern is RED then you got a hella big marketplace to look at,, shouldn't be much challenge at all..

Originally Posted By: Olas
To the OP:

It kinda depends who's paying...if its her money, it's (in the nicest possible way) absolutely none of your business, let her buy what she wants. This exempts you from any further work on the car because she didn't follow your advice.

If you're paying, and her only concern is RED then you got a hella big marketplace to look at,, shouldn't be much challenge at all..

He said wife, never understood how you can have his/her money in marriage, I obviously understand it happens but why be married to someone you can't fully trust/share your income with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back