Wife wanted a boat, I didn't we compromised and got a boat.

ls1mike

$50 Site Donor 2024
Took it out last weekend, runs really well! Evinrude Ocean Pro 175, Everything works. 1997 Seaswirl 2100DC I just need to do some trailer maintenance.
Cuts nice on the water. The boat launch is less than 5 minutes from me and it goes into Agate Pass which goes right into the Puget Sound.
Well there it is Bust Out Another Thousand. :)
00k0k_d4rHwKIwzaJz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00W0W_4TNQOqN51Iaz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Yeah. I already redid some wiring on the boat, washed and waxed it. Cleans up nice.
I will admit it is fun, but It will require more maintenance than all my vehicles, dirt bike, quad and mowers combined...or so I am told.

You've just had one of the happiest days of your life. Guess the other one.:rolleyes: ;)

I'm sure you'll have it in perfect working order but surprised you didn't get a mini sub.

It can't be any worse than keeping a travel trailer running. Have fun with it!
Lol and I couldn't find a reasonably priced submarine.

You've just had one of the happiest days of your life. Guess the other one.:rolleyes: ;)

I'm sure you'll have it in perfect working order but surprised you didn't get a mini sub.

It can't be any worse than keeping a travel trailer running. Have fun with it!
The day he sells it. Been there, done that.

congrats on the boat 1mike.

Looks like fun !
Bought boats new in 1996, 2006, and 2013. Recently sold the last one … so for a quarter century - I owned and enjoyed having a small boat … but the hours on water declined … spent more time keeping it “ready” for BiL trip 🤷‍♂️
One thing they alway reminded me: Boat+Motor+Trailer* is really what you have - maintain and store …
*(batteries are almost a stand alone 4th sector).

Geez. I never really had a mid-life crises and now its too late. I've recently been thinking that I need a kayak and am trying to convince myself to spend a couple hundred dollars, LOL. Meanwhile, my 403B bounces around +/- $9,000 on any given day.

Enjoy your new boat!

Boats usually follow a pattern in ownership.

1. You’re a young man and your friends have boats. If it’s important enough you take out a loan and buy a boat just a bit faster than your buddies.
2. If it’s working out, you buy a faster boat and sell the first one without actually paying off the loan.
3. The kids come a long and you buy a family boat.
4. The kids grow up a bit and you buy a water sports boat.
5. The kids move away and now it’s just you and your old buddies so now you buy a high horsepower bass boat.
6. Your kids are older now and want to borrow your water sports boat. Add in costs for damaged props and accidentally severed anchor ropes.
7. The grandkids want to go on “ grandpa’s boat “.
8. It’s about here when your kids are supposed “ man up” and buy their own **** boat.
9. They don’t so you buy a pontoon boat to take everyone.
10. You retire and can’t afford new boats. You nurse along one of your old boats, usually something obsolete like boat with a two cycle engine from the “glory days”.
11. You and your old buddies from step one and two take out an old outboard and go fishing.

Last edited:
Took it out last weekend, runs really well! Evinrude Ocean Pro 175, Everything works. 1997 Seaswirl 2100DC I just need to do some trailer maintenance.
Cuts nice on the water. The boat launch is less than 5 minutes from me and it goes into Agate Pass which goes right into the Puget Sound.
Well there it is Bust Out Another Thousand. :)
View attachment 64529
View attachment 64530
Watch the injectors in that engine, IIRC they are Ficht or possibly ETEC. I can service ETEC but its expensive to service and very expensive to buy them, I don't like doing do the Ficht, too many problems and parts availability issues with them.
Proper storage is everything with these injectors. Which ones are in this engine?

Back