Widman's 4-way visc calc is down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.widman.biz/Seleccion/Viscosidad/Conversiones/Graph/graph.html

It seems to be removed as a link from the other pages...the one that compares 4 viscs at once.

I've been using and linking the heck out of it, maybe he got too much traffic???

It's a great tool, maybe he would put it back up if asked (did his webmaster take it down?) or share the software for BitOG or a BitOGer to host? I'm asking if someone here, maybe an Admin from BitOG could contact him about this. I don't see any contact info on his page, but maybe his email is logged here.

It's an amazing tool. I was using it to show guys how 10w-30 was thinner in cold than 5w-40 and some demos on operating visc.

Hoping for a good outcome here...
thumbsup2.gif

Just saw that. If you find anything else, drop me an email. I had a system crash the other day.
Please use the Spanish version for an hour or so and I'll get the English one back up.

BTW, I've also added some other calculators like air flow.

I meant to personally thank you and complement you on nice work building that servlet. Having built-in typical viscs is key to getting people who are less experienced to try it. Variable displayed temp range gets over the issue of needing a log graph to show the wide visc range.

Again, thanks and good work for a much-needed feature. It's amazing how little is understood about the SAE system by the general public.

I can add that in English. Right now the corrections to the English App are uploading (internet got too slow to upload a 60 MB site last night). I'll do the other graph and add it.

I'm also going to add the used filters to the English side, although probably not today.

Feedback is always appreciated. Although my wife keeps telling me I should put my monthly bulletins in English. That is way to big a job. (and the US has moved beyond many of the problems I address).

All set and running. I also set up the rest of the automotive oil graphs in English. Maybe I'll do the same with the transmission oils.

Richard, pardon me, I saw the announcement that the 1960 Corvair was completed and you posted 3 pic's. One in its original state with a dog standing on the 'hood' in the rear. Where do I find that post? I cannot locate that post anywhere? Thanks, Jim

Richard, I have found it. It's in the Automotive General Topics section on the first page. You guys who haven't seen it, need to take a look.

Take a click on my signature line. It will take you to the car, then the 29 months of progress.
db_left_front_at_lake1.jpg

Just in case anyone is having trouble, I just realized that this graphing tool does not run in the latest versions of Firefox and Safari (I don't have IE 8 to try it on, but it still runs in IE 7).

I'm working on a fix....... (if there are any Flash experts reading this, please let me know)

And consolidating all the English tools and things in one place that I'll announce in a couple of weeks.

Graph does not work for me running Firefox 3.6 with latest beta of Adobe flash. It doesn't work with Opera either, which uses the same flash file as Firefox. However, it does work with IE8 and the latest flash beta.

Seems to indicate a problem with Flash 10 Plugin (non-IE version). I'm sure they'll come out with Flash 11 soon enough.

Thanks. No one answered anything on the Adobe forum. I just put in a bug report to Adobe. Maybe they will fix it,

Originally Posted By: widman
Take a click on my signature line. It will take you to the car, then the 29 months of progress.
db_left_front_at_lake1.jpg

El mejor coche en todo Bolivia! Great car!

Originally Posted By: Hoosier_Daddy
won'rt run in chrome either
frown.gif

Chrome uses the same "non-ie" Flash from Adobe as Firefox and Opera, so the link is still there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back