Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is GC labeled like regular Syntec? They are different? How much different are they in performance?

If Castrol labeled GC differently, then they would suggesting that the rest of their line-up was not a good. I am sure that they don't want to get into a base-oil battle with themselves (PAO vs GrpIII).

Will Castrol ever bottle other viscosities of GC? It might make a good 5w-20. It appears that with 5w-20 there is less margin for error in the lubrication.

Maybe, but what does it matter if it's German Made Castrol Syntec 5w-20?

What I'm trying to say is: just because it's made in Germany doesn't mean it's good oil.

Our precious GC (the implicitly defined Castrol Syntec 0w-30) is a good oil because it has proved itself. Not because it was made in Germany.

All that really matters is that the oil has to be made by elves! (Just kidding, but some people are serious...)

The real question is (which might be what you were trying to ask):
Will Castrol ever make other viscosities with results/performance comparable to GC?
I doubt anyone has the answer to this, but we can all hope!

What did you mean by less errors with lubrication?

quote:

Originally posted by FD777:
What I'm trying to say is: just because it's made in Germany doesn't mean it's good oil...Not because it was made in Germany.

All that really matters is that the oil has to be made by elves! (Just kidding, but some people are serious...)

Oh...the things you said...Sie sind ein sehr böser Junge gewesen. Jürgen, Sascha, Siegfried...Ich denke nicht, dass er an Elfe glaubt.
nono.gif

Less errors. Say you 30 weight shears down. If you shear a 20 weight you might be closer to a problem, quicker. I think that a lot of drivers that know anything about oil might not be using 5w-20 because they are worried about it becoming 5w-nothing.

quote:

Originally posted by FD777:

What I'm trying to say is: just because it's made in Germany doesn't mean it's good oil.

Our precious GC (the implicitly defined Castrol Syntec 0w-30) is a good oil because it has proved itself. Not because it was made in Germany.

I think anything made in Germany proved to be high quality including oil so ‘Made in Germany’ must be one of the best. Try to buy car and oil or even kitchen knife made in China…it not because it’s was made in China, but because they have week engineering stuff, no quality research in metallurgy, chemical and electronic technology, they cheap and save on everything even telephone wires, almost none existing quality control.

Overgeneralization on your part.
China produces lots of high-tech stuff nowdays.
A huge portion of the computer and electronic related parts sold on the open market today are being sourced from China, Taiwan or someplace close by.

Vad, don’t mix assembly line (cheap labor) and product development. Even Apple Ipod "Made" in China now days. They have no own technology in electronics and anything else where it comes to high-tech and even assembly line hardware delivered and installed by “key” company. How about Toyota and VW made in Mexico? They would probably still be in a stone age if not technological aid from outside. China should put ‘Assembled In China’, not Made…

[ May 13, 2006, 03:31 AM: Message edited by: den_s ]

Don't mix Mexico with China, cars with electronics.
Lots of electronics nowdays are being designed and developed by the Taiwanese companies.
Have you noticed how many of the high-tech jobs are being outsourced to India and China?
Even in biotech, lots of research jobs are moving to China where the R&D costs are dramatically cheaper.
Regarding cars. The Korean made crap of 10-15 years ago has become nothing but history.
Now most of the Korean companies have surpassed their domestic counterparts in quality and design.
Before too long the Chinese will start following the same model.

Didn't mean to start a debate here.

We can all make generalizations based on a country's products. Many of these generalizations will be true.
Without a doubt, many products from Germany are wonderful.

However, there will always be exceptions. I'm sure there are crappy German products and exceptional Chinese products. (Just as an example.)

It wasn't my intention to downplay German Made/Developed products. IMO, people shouldn't buy a product because it was Made/Developed in a certain country.

They buy or illegally copy technology patents, even electronics schematics to build their own stuff. Open any Taiwan/China electronic device and look for the internal parts to see what it made from. What you will find there? Agere, Sony, Nec, Intel, Amd, Inbond, Sharp, Philips, Toshiba, Texas Instruments, Maxim, RCA and many others but you wont find a single semiconductor device developed in China/Taiwan. The only 100% Chinese made stuff comes to mind is a Sars and Bird Flue. As for the Indians folks, they are actually pretty good in mathematics and programming.

[ May 13, 2006, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: den_s ]

quote:

Originally posted by den_s:
They buy or illegally copy technology patents, even electronics schematics to build their own stuff. Open any Taiwan/China electronic device and look for the internal parts to see what it made from.

Another overgeneralization.
Open up your computer and take a look at the heart of it - the motherboard.
Who designs and builds them?
AMD, Intel?
Nvidia, Intel, ATI develop and manufacture just the chipsets. The motherboard layout, design, and feature implementation and integration is done by the Taiwanese manufacturers.
BTW, the Nvidia founder and CEO is a Taiwanese immigrant.

Back to your original statement:
quote:

try to buy car and oil or even kitchen knife made in China…it not because it’s was made in China, but because they have week engineering stuff, no quality research in metallurgy, chemical and electronic technology, they cheap and save on everything even telephone wires, almost none existing quality control.

You're about half a century out of date.
The Chinese are seriously considering sending men to Moon. They've got all the necessary technologies and industrial capability.
Even more, according to an American National Intelligence Council document, the Chinese GDP will surpass that of the USA somewhere between 2040 and 2045.

[ May 13, 2006, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: vad ]

My and your PC motherboard was originally designed many years ago by IBM. IBM designed and hold patent on every single IBM compatible x386 hardware platform build and sold today. Now day’s computer gets more powerful everyday due to the latest developments in semiconductors architecture and design. You have absolutely no clue what you’re talking about. Nvidia and Trident Microsystem another topic and I don’t wanna even start… Now lets go back to the GC
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back