Why would a torque convertor go bad?

2009 would be the 2.4, bad engine. Needs a clutch, no small job (for me).

I should look on FB more but I don’t have an account.

2009 would be the 2.4, bad engine. Needs a clutch, no small job (for me).

I should look on FB more but I don’t have an account.

My 2002 turned 250k on its orignal engine without head bolt issues.

Facebook has way more cars on it around here vs craigslist. You're shooting yourself in your beater-shopping foot by avoiding it "because reasons."

My 2002 turned 250k on its orignal engine without head bolt issues.

Facebook has way more cars on it around here vs craigslist. You're shooting yourself in your beater-shopping foot by avoiding it "because reasons."
FB in my area beats any other source as far as volume. But the sellers - they are by huge majority sketchy looking folks. Lots of scams too. FB seems to relish it.

I was wondering about the Type F, very explicit about that. I have heard of using that to firm up shifts (I think?) but usually one doesn’t mess with changing ATF chemistry.

Interesting: posted 20 hours ago, price drop 2 hours ago.
Type F has a higher coefficient of friction, it's less slippery. When we were kids back in the day, you would go dig a short tail Turbo 350 out of the ground, scrounge $50 up, get a $25 shift kit and a box of type F. Throw that thing behind whatever and go lay rubber on every 1-2, 2-3 shift. If you got irritated by tire chirps and hard shifts on every normal acceleration shift, replacing the F with Dexron calmed it a bit.

Back