Why use gulp or grunt since you're already using npm?

I'm trying to understand why someone would want to use a task runner like gulp or grunt if npm also has the ability to function as a task runner using something like npm-watch?

I'm certainly not opposed to using gulp, because I've used it a little bit in the past, but I'm wondering if it just adds necessary complexity?

My application is the development of a WordPress site using a sass pre-compiler, de-linter, create source maps, and then run browsersync to watch for changes, running the tasks sequentially. npm supports command line scripts, so I'm just trying to fully understand the pros/cons of using gulp...or just use npm and it will handle my needs?

Ed

You will probably get better answers on a WordPress forum. This is too far outside the box for an oil forum.

You will probably get better answers on a WordPress forum. This is too far outside the box for an oil forum.

Thank you. I wondered that as well, but since most BITOG members seems to be pretty helpful people with vast backgrounds...I thought I'd start here.

:)

Ed

Back