Why there is no Pennzoil Ultra in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do somebody know why there is no Pennzoil Ultra in Canada? I look everywhere but the only best Pennzoil oil I can find is Platinum.

Originally Posted By: Farmer
Napa if you want 24 quarts of it for about $9/quart.

Thanks for the info. It's not cheap. The price is almost as same as the Amsoil Signature.

Last edited:
I see it in walmart every time I go. It's 54.99 for a 5l jug every time. I just get the platinum 4.4l jug when its 19$ on sale
smile.gif
or the other great deals. I'm not paying 10$ a litre for anything.

Originally Posted By: abycat
I see it in walmart every time I go. It's 54.99 for a 5l jug every time. I just get the platinum 4.4l jug when its 19$ on sale
smile.gif

I did a search in walmart.ca with zero found with "Pennzoil" and "ultra"
frown.gif

19$ for PP is much cheaper than dino oil on sale in CT.

smile.gif

I'm guessing you have not bought any Motul 300V for a race motor
laugh.gif

smile.gif

I've never seen PP for $19 at WM. Always 28.88 plus it's a 4.73L jug.

Originally Posted By: Farmer
smile.gif

I've never seen PP for $19 at WM. Always 28.88 plus it's a 4.73L jug.

What he said. Only 4.73L or 5L. The cheapest I've seen it was $26 at Canadian tire but not oftenI believe it was door crasher 1 day only . The next time it's $19 for the 4.4L take a picture

Originally Posted By: Ram01
No need for PU anyways PP does great enough job

01.gif

Most users of PU underutilize it's abilities and usually change it out too early

I bought 3 jugs 2 years ago on a NAPA sale for under 30$ a jug, but as stated people under-utilize it, getting PP Pure Plus at WM for 28$ for the 4.73L jug is the way to go.

I have PU 5W20 SN in my sump right now, and I am so on the fence if I should run it 10,000 miles in my Fit that I will probably end up dumping it in the Fall.

Stick to PP, Cdn Tire house brand Formula 1 synthetic (shell)... PU isn't worth it unless you can get it cheap.

Also, another note, is PU is super thick... I was pouring some leftovers to make a frankenbrew just to use up leftovers, then when I started adding some PYB 5W20, I couldn't believe how much thinner the Pennzoil Yellow Bottle was when pouring.

The PYB was out of a new bottle (heard the seal crack) but I was surprised at how thin the PYB was in comparison to PU that I put my finger in to touch it to be sure it was actually oil and not some filling error.

So for fuel economy PU probably isn't the best pick, as Caterham has said in the past.

Last edited:
SN is the current API Motor oil license "starburst" and is Resourde Conserving.

SM was Energy Conserving rated and ended in 2009 or so. Maybe I am wrong here
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: car51
SN is the current API Motor oil license "starburst" and is Resourde Conserving.

SM was Energy Conserving rated and ended in 2009 or so. Maybe I am wrong here
smile.gif

Ok thanks.
smile.gif

smile.gif

Could you possibly get a SKU number? Maybe I can get my local Walmart to get some in. Thanks in advance

Agree....I've never seen a bottle or jug of this so called Ultra in my neck of the woods. What is this unicorn you speak of!

PP for sale at $19 at CTC or Wally World????????? Best I've seen is $24.99 for 4.73/5L, which is a good deal considering some conventionals go for that price.

Not sure why Ultra distribution here in Canada is so poor? maybe SOPUS has done their market studies and it's just not worth it..I dunno??

Called NAPA today. They don't stock Pennzoil anymore and they need to order for me if I want it. They ask 60ish$ + tx for a jug of PU. Not cheap
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back