Why the Glock is the sidearm of choice in Special Operations

Glocks are low cost, light, dependable , have a really good service life and accurate enough for what is expected out of them. I love 1911s and shoot them the best but if I had to pick one gun and go it would be a Glock

Probably most reliable gun out there in its class. Sand, water, mud, etc, and they keep on ticking.

Probably the least expensive choice, too.

Soldiers get to use what they want. Tax payers save a couple dollars. It's a win win.

I have had mixed succes with 4 glocks. The Gen 5 19 is must have firearm for those that prefer. It has a Match Grade barrel. I shoot it very well. After a good polishing I have a trigger wt. of 4.5#. I like it a lot.

I have had mixed succes with 4 glocks. The Gen 5 19 is must have firearm for those that prefer. It has a Match Grade barrel. I shoot it very well. After a good polishing I have a trigger wt. of 4.5#. I like it a lot.
The 19/23 grip is too short for my hand. I prefer the 17/22 and the 43 or 45, with the long grip, short slide.

Never had a "bad one" but also never had one I loved.

Im just not a huge fan of striker pin pistols and walking around with firearms in condition 0 or having them in a bedside quick safe or drawer.

Back