Why so many forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KW

We now have 51 forums on this board. Why? I used to post here often, now it just seems a hassle to read or find any thing on the site. I'm just pointing out the obvious here, I frequent the site less and less these days because of all the forums.

Don't flame me -- I'll just fade away slowly as the forums build. It's been a good run for the past 5 years or so.

KW

I do see your point.

But, in reality I think I can surf the site better with the more forums. Nothing like reading about HDEO in a big rig and somebody jumps in about 2-stroke oil for their 80cc engine. I suggest just list your favorite 5 or 10 and hang in those.

Honestly, I think all the "extra" forums are due to viewer demand. 18,000 people is 3 times the size of my town! Hang in there.

I agree with Pablo.

There's no reason why we should do without because there are proper categories to put in the applicable information...

Do you not go to the grocery store because there's too many types of food to choose from? A friendly
crackmeup2.gif

Do what I do, scan for your favorites!

Right. Why not just cherry pick your favorites?
[Unless we go too far and get forums like: "Best 2.3W-27.4 Engine Oil for use on Tuesdays in Wales."]

I like all the categories b/c come on, we're the anal retentive type of guys that like to have everything in nice, neat little boxes!

Plus, there are so many categories besides oil to discuss. This forum is like the antiquated barber shops where the old guys would congregate to shoot the bull.

Originally Posted By: kargo27
I like all the categories b/c come on, we're the anal retentive type of guys that like to have everything in nice, neat little boxes!

Plus, there are so many categories besides oil to discuss. This forum is like the antiquated barber shops where the old guys would congregate to shoot the bull.

Thanks for the replies. It does make sense if it's looked at from a different angle. It seems the forums aren't clutter, but a way to organize the clutter.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back