Why should I use euro oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well like the title says, why is euro oil better? Why do you guys crawl over broken glass for your GC? I've always used Mobil 1 myself, never had a reason to change. I've also got a european car, a Saab 9-5 aero. Is there any reason I should use 0W-40 (as euro an oil as Mobil 1 makes) as opposed to 5W-40 T&SUV? So what's the deal guys, convince me.

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm really just curious.
wink.gif

it's totally fine if you wish to stay with Mobil 1......we need less competition at the local Autozone as it is.....
smile.gif

I get GC easily. Mobil 1 doesn't market anything with similar viscosity in the USA. They do in Europe.

GC gives extremely low wear and the viscosity is just right. I see lower wear #'s than with Mobil 1 and can't really go with something as thick as a 40wt. Delvac.

Mobil 1 is basically leaving a hole in this market as far as around 12 cst. M1 is either thick or thin. No A3 30wts.

frown.gif
The Elves are quite disappointed that no one has mentioned them, or the fact that the oil comes from a thatched roofed factory in the Black Forest or that it looks like liquid emerald as it emerges gracefully glistening gloriously green from the bottle and that it has made a long arduous voyage across the Atlantic to grant our engines to a tantalizing tribological treat...I am a little chagrinned at your linguistic lapse myself.
frown.gif

Smell the green stuff long enough, pscholte, and you could get a tragic case of the alliterations, an elfish condition tantamount to the terrible, tragic, tongue troubles (kind of like s-t-t-t-t-u-t-t-ering)resulting from the trying, traumatic, soul-twisting, torturous test caused by arduous tribology.

Ahhhhh . . . I'm afflicted with the affect of the alliterations myself. At times they can be good, even great, grand and full of grace. But they can get gross, grotesque and ghastly too which is hard to grasp.

Raven,

I believe that the Mobil T&SUV 5w-40 is a better choice than the M1 0w-40 because of shear stability. The M1 T&SUV is not rated A3 Euro but easily meets the standards. The caveat is whether or not there could be warranty issue with the T&SUV oil.

As for the GC, it meets the A3 standard along with all the Euro manufacturers specs. I would choose it over the M1 0w-40.

But if one is lugubrious and laudably loquacious one will likely lead a luxurious and lively life, being never leisurely, linguisticly, nor languishing in linguistic lassitude.

quote:

Originally posted by John in the ATL:
The caveat is whether or not there could be warranty issue with the T&SUV oil.

My car calls for ACEA A3 oil or API SJ. Not that this is an issue as it is well out of warranty at this point.
wink.gif

Is shear stability really that big an issue though?

quote:

Originally posted by Big O Dave:

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
...or that it looks like liquid emerald as it emerges gracefully glistening gloriously green from the bottle

Pscholte, over in the filter section it's been discovered that the Fram X2 is so efficient, it actually removes the green color from GC!
shocked.gif

Nahhhh, can't happen...I'll check it out.

[/qb][/QUOTE]My car calls for ACEA A3 oil or API SJ. Not that this is an issue as it is well out of warranty at this oint.
wink.gif

Is shear stability really that big an issue though? [/QB][/QUOTE]

The M1 0w-40 will shear down to a heavy 30 weight oil over the interval. I don't think its a huge issue but going with an oil with less viscosity improvers is the route that I would go. The M1 T&SUV is very close to Delvac 1 used by heavy diesels. Since warranty is not an issue, go with the M1 T&SUV. I believe that you will get the best performance from the T&SUV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back