Why not Walmart branded Synthetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bottle says, "Full Synthetic", which probably means it's formulated from 100% Group-III base stock. All well and good except it's not rated for diesel use. THAT puts it behind the name brand syn-oils right there, though it might be fine for gasoline passenger car and light truck use. But is any Group-III base stock motor oil really worth $3.00/qt.? If they sold it for $2.00/qt, I'd be tempted. (But not before I use up 48 quarts of Target's 68 cent Havoline Group-II 10W-30 dinosaur juice first...)

There was a very good Canadian group III UOA for Tech 2000 but this is probably a different oil. Although I use the SuperTech dino., I think the Chevron/Havoline full synthetic is available at Advance Auto for approximately the same price. If my memory is correct, that is probably the better buy. Still I'd welcome someone trying this stuff and putting a UOA on the boards. If it's made in the soon to be closed Shreveport blending plant like the dino, it's probably a mood point anyway for future purchases.

do you speak of the gold bottle super tech fill synthetic? well, its 2.97 by me, and down the aisle, mobil 1 is 3.60... id def. rather pay an extra 63 cents a quart!

Around here, Mobil 1 is $4.77 a quart. And NO 5 quart jugs--I keep looking but no-go.

And yes, I did buy 3 changes worth of Target Havoline dino for my 2 older cars that use dino.

[ March 26, 2003, 12:10 AM: Message edited by: burnbomber ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back