Why no Shell-branded oil in Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that all of C-T's oils are Shell oil, but I'm still suprised that Shell bottled oil isn't sold up here (or at least I can't find it).

We have plenty of their gas stations; but when I go into them, all I find is Pennzoil. I know this is their (SOPUS) best-selling oil product, but I'm still suprised somehwere they don't have regular Shell oils.....

Shell does sell packaged motor oil here (dino, called Formula Shell in white jugs w/ blue caps).

I have stocked up on Formula Shell when Loblaws had a sale. Now I have 16 jugs in all...

I've found Formula Shell oil at Canadian Tire. Some of them. Only flavor I've seen is 5W30. One store had 4 L jugs, another only had quarts, several had none at all.

Now that I think of it, the store with quarts didn't have any more when I checked a month or two later. And the one with jugs was mysteriously keeping them in the diesel/specialty oil section... you may need to hunt to find them.

Okay ..so it's a distribution issue
dunno.gif

Canadian product data sheets

Where to buy
British Columbia distributors

Thanks for the info - I was mainly just curious about why I didn't see it, but was also thinking of trying it, as some have said this oil has good 'cleaning' properties......

quote:

Originally posted by addyguy:
Thanks for the info - I was mainly just curious about why I didn't see it, but was also thinking of trying it, as some have said this oil has good 'cleaning' properties......

I can't speak to the cleaning properties since this is my first time using it but it seems to have dropped the consumption (opposed to Can Tire 10w30) on my '84 Accord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back