Why no common sense while driving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do people have no common sense while driving? I've had three vehicles totaled by other drivers who were just plain being impatient or not paying attention...

Almost was side-swiped again today because someone trying to cut between two cars to pass, when there was just a red light up ahead anyway. Then starts screaming at me like I did something wrong...Then there's all the ones who drive a foot from your bumper like they're getting somewhere faster.

Traffic would move so much better if everyone would just go in the straight lines instead of worrying about being one car ahead...

Just venting lol, i'm sure theres already other topics like this, but like I said it bothers me more because i'm tired of having my property ruined by people that think it will kill them to get somewhere 30 seconds later.

Last edited by a moderator:
People will always be like this. Nothing will ever change...of that I'm certain.
My daily commute confirms me of this.

Oh yes, welcome to the world of automotive adventure. Why just the other day I was tooling down the highway at 55 mph when a nice elderly lady in a huge Lincoln Town car decided to cut across the road directly in front of me. I am convinced she had just installed a new set of dentures as when she saw me about to T-bone the drivers side of her car, she proudly opened her mouth and showed me both top and bottom plates.

Whoa whoa whoa, you actually expect people to pay attention when they drive? That sir, is a tall order. People are entitled to talk on their phone, do makeup, shave, eat, read, or sleep while they are driving.

Lol, when I was almost home a guy flew from behind me and cut off the car that was ahead of me, just to go into the turn lane, in which I just ended up passing him again because he had to wait to turn... I just don't understand where people's logic comes from lol

Yep, its crazy out there. Everyone has a different style of driving and when you add cell phones, newspapers, makeup, shavers, and computers to the mix, it is insane.

This generation has been taught to think that they are entitled to do what ever they choose.
It is all about them and not anyone else!
These people tend to live very unhappy lives and die young.
I just try to be careful so these Jerks won't take me with them on their way out!

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Whoa whoa whoa, you actually expect people to pay attention when they drive? That sir, is a tall order. People are entitled to talk on their phone, do makeup, shave, eat, read, or sleep while they are driving.

They are NOT entitled to kill others while doing all this! Others have rights, also!

Originally Posted By: linkbelt
This generation has been taught to think that they are entitled to do what ever they choose.
I just try to be careful so these Jerks won't take me with them on their way out!

And they've said that about every generation before this one.

Ive dealt with horrendous drivers on highways and roads that were 16, as well as 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, and 80 years old.

"It is all about them and not anyone else!"

Im pretty sure they said the same thing about the people in the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, and 00s...

What you cite as an generational trait is really a human trait.

I hate to say it but some of the most reckless drivers iv ever seen are people on motorcycles. About a week or two a man and a lady on one nearly hit me (doing highway speeds) trying to merge into my lane without even looking. Couldn't tell you how many times iv seen motorcycles fly past everyone on the highway riding the center line.

I wonder how many people die riding the center line then hitting someone's bumper or quarter panel each year.

Originally Posted By: dave1251

What you cite as an generational trait is really a human trait.

Plus.... It's a full moon Monday the 8th....
grin.gif

I can't drive fast enough to suite these people.

If I'm driving 40mph in a 40mph zone, they pass me up.
If I'm driving 45mph in a 40mph zone, they pass me up.
If I'm driving 50mph in a 40mph zone, they pass me up.
If I'm driving 65mph in a 65mph zone, they pass me up.
If I'm driving 70mph in a 65mph zone, they pass me up.
If I'm driving 75mph in a 65mph zone, they pass me up.

I'm amazed by the folks that can't speed up until they're in the number one lane. Once again, I had to slam on the brakes on the freeway because of someone merging at about 40 mph, then she slowly drifts over to the #1 lane, causing various drivers to also hit the brakes, and then, once there, accelerates to well above the speed limit.

Then while I was stuck in traffic, in front of me is a pretty nice BMW M3 convertible. Unfortunately, they guy has put a set of [censored] cans on it, so that as he ssssllooowly accelerates from a stop, the noise drowns out everybody's radio. Whenever traffic starts moving, it takes him about 15 seconds to find first, and then he slowly drones his way up to a moderate speed.

On more than one occasion I've had the person in front of me stop in a left turn / merge lane (left turn from a side road onto highway merge lane) onto a highway with a 65 mph speed limit. Then when they think there is a space they merge at half the speed of traffic.

Originally Posted By: 3800Series
I hate to say it but some of the most reckless drivers iv ever seen are people on motorcycles.

Even more so and it's not even close, are the people with "Motorcycles are everywhere" bumper stickers on the bumper of their pick up trucks.

Ten times out of ten, these [censored] braindead morons drive like proud [censored] braindead morons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back